Chapter Eight - Meet the Mother

Raya's P.O.V

    It's 7am and Blaine and I were now on our way to his parents' house. He was driving and I was glad seeing as my hands were sweating and I couldn't stop fidgeting. My stomach was dropping and my eyebrows were furrowing so much I feared I wouldn't be able to stop them. I was currently ducking my head and hiding my face behind my long auburn curls. I could feel Blaine's gaze on me every few seconds and I tried to pretend I was fine. 

"Raya," Blaine started, "you're taking on an abnormally green skin tone."

I shot him a look, only briefly pulling the curly curtain behind my ear before letting it fall back, "Thanks," I grumbled, "That's exactly what every girl wants to hear from her boyfriend." My heart jumped a little, I still couldn't believe I got to call him that. My boyfriend!

Blaine chuckled and put a hand on my shoulder, and keeping his gaze on the road, "You're beautiful whether you're green, blue, or red." I blushed.

"See, now you're pink," He teased.

I laughed lightly and Blaine gave me a smile, "Look, Raya, you don't have to look so blue, well green, my parents will love you." I looked up at him and he gave me a reassuring grin. 

I smiled back and sighed, brushing my hair back with both hands. "Yeah," I breathed deeply, "You're right."

Blaine settled back in his seat after shooting me a smile and continued driving normally. I blew air through my lips nervously. He was right, I shouldn't be so nervous. I smiled to myself and imagined meeting Blaine's parents with grins and hugs all around. Nothing could go so horribly wrong that it would ruin my Thankgiving with him anyways, right? 

Wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terra's P.O.V

     I woke up and smiled, stretching my arms over my head and sitting up before the smile slipped off my face and I remembered last night. Jake had come home - to the beach house I mean, - banging on my door and apologizing while I ignored him and huddled against the opposite wall. I hugged my knees close to my chest and tears streamed quietly down my face, I didn't start sobbing again until he finally gave up and went to bed. I buried my head in my arms and started rocking back and forth.

     I sighed and shooed the memories away, determined not to think about any of it until I'd eaten breakfast at least. I creaked my door open and saw the empty hallway before me. I tiptoed out of my room, staring at Jake's door intently, praying he wouldn't wake up. I started to breathe again once I was two steps away from the kitchen. Jake's door was still closed.

     I turned around and gasped. The shaggy brown-haired head turned, revealing Jake's attractive face. He immediately stood up and looked at me with sad eyes. He started walking towards me and I involuntarily backed away. He stopped, looking so hurt my heart practically broke. He opened his mouth and tried to say something but all that came out was a strangled sound.    

He cleared his throat. "Terra," he began, "I-I'm so sorry. I di-didn't...."

     His words came out choked and he looked like he was about to cry. I wanted to rush over to him and tell him everything was going to be okay. I wanted to pull him close to me and wrap my arms around him, soothing him. But I didn't. I regained composure and aimed my gaze at the floor, crossing my arms.

     He walked towards me again, slowly and hesitantly. This time I didn't back up. I had nothing to be afraid of. He reached me and brushed strands of hair away from my face. I didn't look up until he gently placed his finger under my chin and lifted my face up. Finally, I met his gaze and his light brown eyes bored into my blue ones.