Chapter Five - A Little Friendly Scheming

Raya's P.O.V

Terra had found me sleeping next to Blaine this morning. I'm pretty sure the word, "Awkward" doesn't begin to cover any of this. I was almost glad that we were in too much of a hurry to actually talk about it this morning. I won't be safe forever though. I find myself dreading our fifth hour study hall, a class we share this year. I have got to figure out what to tell her! She probably hates me. Blaine hates her, I wonder what he's thinking now. Knowing Terra's over-active imagination, she probably thinks he's going to blackmail her or something.

I hope they don't kill each other. Blaine is too strong though, she wouldn't have a chance. What am I thinking? He wouldn't kill anyone. I really can't figure out why he hates her anyways. I've been trying to see why so I can fix the problem and help them get along, but it seems like he hates her for a reason that I don't know about.

Brrrriiiiing!

I groaned inwardly. That bell just ended third period, only one more hour before I have to see Terra in study hall. I wonder if she's going to ignore me or choose to force an expanation out of me. Either way, I'm practically guaranteed not to like it. Normally, I hate history. I especially will this year since I have it fourth hour, the hour they split into 3 sections to guarentee all students get enough time for lunch. Today is a different story though. I'm praying that history drones on, something I never thought I'd do. Ever.

I was staring out the window, trying desperately to conjure up a freak snow storm, when I noticed the class was unusually silent. I slowly turned my head, looking away from the window that was right next to my seat, dreading the scene I hoped I wouldn't find. Uh oh. Every single person in the class was staring right at me. "Ahem," Mrs. Pary had cleared her throat. "Don't let my class interupt your daydreaming, Raya. I wouldn't want to intrude," She sneered, mocking me as my classmates snickered at my embarrassment.

I smiled back at the guy next to me once I noticed he was the only one not laughing and he was giving me a sympathetic smile. I bowed my head slightly, blushing, before looking up to see him mouth the word 'Sorry.'

I shook my head, indicating that he has nothing to be sorry for.

We both turned to face the teacher who was now back to teaching us about Nixon and the Watergate scandal that forced him to resign. Man, that president was paranoid. I sat back in my seat, writing the bare minimum of required notes down, and waited for the bell to ring. It's surprising how you can both look forward to and dread something at the same time.

Brrrrriiiiing!

I sighed. 'Here we go' I thought. I had written a note sometime in the last minutes of boredom and was planning on handing it to Terra, rather than look her straight in the eye and end up babbling and annoying her even more. I hope she takes it well...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terra's P.O.V

T,

I know you are upset and annoyed with me, probably wondering why the heck I was sleeping next to Blaine...in his bed. I wish I could give you a good explanation and say that it's all part of an elaborate plan, that I would never find myself liking someone who claimed to hate me and that hates you. I hate that I didn't tell you, but the truth is, I didn't realize that I liked him myself until he caught me pranking him last night. Our snuggling kind of just...happened. I can't expalin it. Can I blame this on tiredness? But I like him, T. I really do. And I think he likes me back. I would really like to be able to talk to you about this but I realize you wouldn't want to hear about how I like someone who hates you, my best friend. I hope you at least can forgive me, and look at me. I don't want this to ruin our friendship.