Chapter Seven - Accusations

Terra's P.O.V

     I shot up when my annoying alarm went off at 7am. 'I should've never replaced that thing' I thought, rubbing my head which I'd smacked against the wall. Raya stirred and slowly opened her eyes, yawning. She stretched her arms above her head and I gently moved her away from me so I could cross my bedroom and turn the alarm off. I sighed in relief when the beeping ceased, rubbing the back of my head again.

     I sighed, knowing the pain would go away in a few minutes, seeing as I hadn't hit it all that hard. My movements were still sleepy after all. I stretched across my room and into my walk-in closet, sizing up my clothes before I decided I'd take a shower and deal with all the fashion decisions later. I started the water and brushed my long, brown waves as it heated up. 

     I was about to slip out of my pajamas when I thought I'd better check on Raya. Just because she moves, doesn't mean she won't go back to sleep. I know her too well. I rolled my eyes when I stepped out into my room to find her slumped against the window, mouth open and eyes closed. I yanked her arms, effectively pulling the top half of her off the window seat, and left her with her head hanging upside down.

     Raya grumbled and righted herself, before glaring at me. I crossed my arms, anxious to get in the shower, but not trusting her enough to leave her by herself before she woke up a little more. She stood up and slowly walked to her room, shutting the door behind her. I hurried into the shower and went through my morning routine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raya's P.O.V

     I drove today, expertly steering my lime green Mustang around the curves and bends of the road. I love my car. The air stirred only enough to let us breath, otherwise silent as we were both lost in daydreaming. I thought it was amazing that we're both so happy about our guys. No one had to feel like the third wheel and we could double date if we wanted to because our boyfriends were best friends too! These were the thoughts occupying my mind as we continued to drive in a comortable silence.

     I smiled over at Terra and she smiled back. We were so happy, silence actually suited us. We wanted to stay in our daydreams until the last possible moment. School would swiftly ruin them. As we pulled into the last parking space available, all the students standing outside rushed inside the doors, letting us know the warning bell had just rung. Terra and I shared a frantic look before yanking our stuff out of the car and running  all the way up the steps, through the doors, down various hallways, and finally split paths when we reached the divided hallway. 

     I hurried through the door of my math class and groaned when I saw what was written on the board: NEW SEATING CHART. Why Mr. Carron writes in all caps, I'll never know. 

"Alright, class. Line up at the front of the room!" Mr. Carron ordered with a loud clap of his hands.

     Everyone obeyed with grunts and murmurs of annoyance. A few people were excited to move, clearly not liking the previous arrangement. I glared at said students and listened to the names being listed off. I ended up sitting next to some guy named Shane but he was absent today. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     The rest of the day passed by in a blur, study hall being the only enjoyable class for me today. Terra kept throwing paper airplanes at me and I returned the favor. At one point, I'd hit her right in the nose. We both cracked up, earning a glare from the supervisor. At least we didn't get a new seating chart in that class.