Chapter Three - To Flirting

Raya's P.O.V

I was now feeling clean and refreshed in a lazy ensemble of red basketball shorts and a baggy tee of my brother's. I sat down in my window seat and looked out over our backyard. It was a bright, sunny day today with white, fluffy clouds decorating the sky. It was beautiful.

I looked a little lower, admiring the sun reflecting off of the pool's clear water. The green grass looked almost fake, the color was so vibrant. It was the last day of summer vacation for Terra and I; we started our junior year tomorrow. I was nervous, but excited. I mainly felt bad for Terra, since she's always been the shyest one of us two.

A movement down on the patio caught my eye. I squinted, trying to make out who the guy with Terra was. Suddenly, they moved closer and then they were kissing! The sun shone directly on the guy who was with her, and I thought his hair seemed dark... Oh. My. Gosh! Terra was kissing Blaine! My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to make sense of this craziness. Those two were still kissing, I gagged and moved away from the window.

How could Terra be stupid enough to do that with him? I scowled, wondering where her sense of dignity and respect for herself had gone. Blaine hates her, so why are they kissing?! I looked back out the window to discover they'd gone back in by now. I ran a hand through my hair and hurried out my door, running into a solid object halfway down the hall. I looked up to take in an intense glare from Blaine. I huffed and crossed my arms as he snapped, "Watch where you're going!"

I narrowed my eyes and said calmly, "You'd think you'd be a lot happier after your little make out session with a girl you claim to hate."

Blaine's eyebrows raised and he smirked, "Sorry to dissapoint, Raya, but you must have been having a dream because there's no way I'd ever kiss those lips," he said, sneering as he looked at me.

I snapped, "Not me! I just saw you kissing Terra on the patio!" My face was warming up, getting pink. Blaine knows just how to get me angry, twisting everything that I say.

Blaine seemed surprised and opened his mouth to reply before he smirked, "Yeah, so what if I was?"

My jaw dropped as I looked at him in disgust, "So you were kissing her!"

I gagged again and Blaine laughed, "Jealous?"

I clamped my mouth shut before quickly exclaiming, "No! I'm shocked that Terra would lower her standards so much!"

At this, I heard a sound and looked beyond Blaine to see Terra turning away, clearly upset. She had just reached the top of the stairs and now she was running back down them two at a time. I called her name and tried to run after her but Blaine put his arm out to stop me. I crossed my arms and tried shooting fire through my eyes but, sadly, it didn't work. I demanded that he let me go after her when he blocked me again, but he didn't care.

Blaine stepped towards me, causing me to step back. We repeated this process a few times when suddenly, I was up against the wall outside my bedroom door. I started getting uncomfortable, since I wasn't exactly in the best position to fight back and I liked being able to stand up for myself. If he shot insults at me, I might be too scared of not being able to get away to say anything back and he'd think I was weak.

"You know, your face gets really red when you're angry," Blaine breathed, coming closer to me, almost touching me as he braced his hands against the wall on either side of my head.

I glared, "So?"

"Brilliant comeback," Blaine mocked, smirking at me as he chuckled evily, knowing he had the upperhand in this situation.

"I think," Blaine trailed off in a whisper, "that you're just wishing I kissed you instead of Terra."

My face turned a deeper shade of red and I denied it. There's no way I could ever be attracted to this - this... jerk! Although...I have to admit, he's rather good looking now that I'm seeing him up close and personal with nowhere to go. His green eyes shine with amusement and his lips are currently pulled up on one side in a smirk. I swear, sometimes it seems like his face is permanently stuck that way.