Chapter 32 - Rescue: Part 2

Raya's P.O.V

Since my mouth is duck taped shut and my wrists and ankles are tied together, the most I can do is glare at Jake. If only looks could kill. Jake just chuckles, striding over to me with his brown eyes trained on mine. He reaches my chair and stands right in front of me; neither of us blinks. 

"I bet you have a lot to say to me," Jake smirks. 

Take off this tape and find out! I think angrily.

Jake seems to know what I'm thinking because he continues. "You get to keep your duck tape though, because I don't really care about what you have to say."

He gestures toward Terra, never breaking eye contact with me. "She gets special privileges because I'm in love with her." He shrugs as if to say he can't help it.

"This isn't love." Terra mumbles.

Jake turns to face her. "What?"

Terra looks up, her blue eyes flashing angrily. "This isn't love! You can't kidnap me - AND my BEST FRIEND - hit me, yell at me, humiliate me, and call it love!"

Jake's eyes narrow and I see his jaw clench but a second later his face relaxes into a smug smirk. "I can do whatever I want, babe." He walks over to Terra and bends down to kiss her, but Terra cranes her neck to avoid his lips. Jake grabs her jaw, roughly turning her head, forcing her to kiss him but just as Jake's lips are about to touch hers, Terra slams her head forward, headbutting him. 

Ouch! That sounded like it hurt but Terra looks relatively unphased as she's glares at Jake, seething hatred written all over her face. 

"Don't touch me." She spits out.

Jake slowly rises from where he'd fallen on the floor, still holding a hand to his forehead. I'm sure he's about to go over there and beat her but after a long stare-down with Terra, he just growls and walks out the door. I try to communicate with Terra through my eyes but after a few dozen attempts, Terra starts crying again.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes. This girl has got to get it together! I get that we're kind of in a sticky situation right now, but that's exactly why we need to stay calm and try to figure a way out.

"Rrmm!" I try to talk through my gag.

Terra looks up, confused. At least that gets her to stop crying for a moment. She keeps staring at me as I try to get her to understand my grunts and 'mmph's. After a while of her shaking her head and telling me she can't understand me, Terra finally sighs, frustrated. 

"Okay, if I know you, you're probably trying to tell me to calm down and get my act together, right?"

"Mmph!" I nod.

Terra releases another heavy sigh. "I've already tried to get loose, it's not working!"

I narrow my eyes at her. 'Well, try again!' I want to shout.

Terra returns my glare but I guess she figures it's a better option than crying because she starts moving her arms again. I do the same, both of us wincing as the zip-ties cut into our wrists, eventually drawing blood. We make eye contact with each other every couple of minutes, appreciating the small amount of comfort that gives us. At least we have each other; we don't have to go through this alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Derek's P.O.V

Asher and I run through the barn, whipping our guns around carelessly, desperate to find any trace of evidence, any sign as to where they could've taken the girls. After we scan every inch of dusty, moon-lit space, we slump our shoulders, clueless.