Chapter 25 - Terra's Decision

Raya's P.O.V.

I watched Terra fly up the stairs crying then turned to gape at Derek. Collin, Damien, and Blaine were all staring with me. Complete silence settled for just a moment. Then, everybody went to speak at once except for Derek. Derek just sighed and crossed his arms, waiting for us to stop talking over each other.

"Enough!" He finally shouted, silencing all of us.

He continued. "I gave Terra a choice and whatever she decides is up to her. If she stays, I'll be overjoyed; but if she leaves, it means she doesn't care enough about us to do what I asked her."

I narrow my eyes and snap at him, "And what exactly is that, Derek?"

Derek meets my gaze, his eyebrows furrowing angrily. "I told her to stay away from someone who will only get her in trouble."

I look at him, confused. "Jake? Terra would never go back to him."

Derek rolls his eyes, annoyed. "Not Jake."

He turns around, uncrossing his arms. "I'm done with this conversation."

Damien and Collin stare as Derek retreats to his room, but I'm not done yet.

"Derek Anthony Robbins!"

He ignores me. I growl and decide to yell rather than chase after him.

"So, what? We're all just supposed to do exactly as you say now, no questions?"

Derek stiffens and turns around. Everything about his body screams 'furious.' The bulging veins in his neck, the red forehead, the narrowed eyes and angled eyebrows.

"Raya!" he spits out, "Don't push it!"

I narrow my eyes and cock an eyebrow, slowly crossing my arms, "Or what?"

Derek stares me down and neither of us blink. I can sense Damien and Collin exchanging worried looks behind me and shuffling their feet nervously. They clear their throats awkwardly but stay standing beside me.

Derek finally sighs angrily and walks down the hall, ignoring me as I call after him.

Damien looks at me, worried. "What the heck was that all about?"

Collin nods and looks from Damien to me. "Yeah, why would he kick out Terra?"

I shrug looking up at them with a worried expression on my face, my arms still crossed. 

"I don't know, guys. But I'm worried." We all continue to stare at each other anxiously, wondering what's going to happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terra's P.O.V.

I angrily rush into my walk-in closet, closing the white door behind me. I wipe the tears away from eyes, annoyed. I don't want to cry right now! The tears keep falling though, I can't stop them. I look for my hard-side, turquoise suitcases and find them in the back, hidden behind a curtain of clothes. I pull one out and stare at it hesitantly before setting it down and slumping along the wall until I'm sitting against it with my knees pulled up to my chest and my head down. 

I don't know what to do! I finally got Asher to believe I'm not scared of him and I confessed everything to him in the rain. He was the first one I could open up to about Jake. But at the same time, I've only known him two months. I've known Derek and Raya since I was a kid. Not to mention Collin, whom I've known for a few years now. And even Blaine and Damien I've known for almost a year. I can't choose Asher over them!