Chapter 26 - New Gifts

Raya's P.O.V:

Terra hasn't talked to anyone since we got home, she's just sitting out by the pool - which has been empty ever since the first snow - staring off into space even though it's 30 degrees out. She's cuddled up in a blue lounger, hugging her knees to her chest and staring at nothing. She must be freezing, but no emotion shows on her face, not even a shiver moves her out of her statue-like state. I gaze out the patio doors at her, concerned, but I know Terra well enough to realize that she doesn't want to talk.

I turn around, determined to get answers from SOMEONE. I can feel Blaine's eyes watching me as I circle around the couch and head down the boys' hallway, looking for Derek. He's been sitting in an armchair, staring at me, this whole time. The house appears to be empty and I reluctantly resign my search with a huff, plopping down on Blaine's lap, swinging my brown curls to the side. 

"Where is everyone?" I pout.

Blaine keeps staring at me, like he's trying to memorize every freckle on my face.

I furrow my eyebrows, "What?"

He just meets my eyes - the green never ceases to dazzle me - and shrugs.

I sigh and snuggle deeper into his lap, turning my gaze once again towards the pool outside. Blaine circles his arms around my waist, pulling me closer, and rests his chin on my shoulder.

I wonder why he's silent, but decide to let it go. There's nothing wrong with a peaceful moment here and there. Blaine kisses my neck a few times, causing me to sigh happily. He chuckles and reaches for the remote, turning the flat-screen TV on and switching it to That's So Raven reruns. I smile, craning my neck to look back at him.

"You know me so well."

Blaine smirks in response, kissing me gently before settling deeper into the armchair, pulling me with him. We snuggle and watch TV, but every so often I look out the window just to make sure Terra hasn't turned blue.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Damien bursts through the door a few hours later with bags shoved up to his armpits, beaming and laughing at something Collin shouted, but I couldn't hear what it was. A second later, Derek stumbles in, throwing his portion of bags on the floor before shooting me and Blaine a smile. 

"Come on, guys! We've still got a lot to unload!" he calls.

I let my mouth fall open, staring at the 20 bags already piled on the floor. Damien heads outside again, ready for another trip. Blaine starts moving underneath me, gently nudging me off his lap. We stand up, and I scan the room for my shoes, I know I kicked them off somewhere in here... Blaine gently but firmly spins me around by the waist, dipping me in a romantic kiss. My heart soars and I blush.

"What was that for?" I ask, feeling my cheeks turn red.

Blaine smiles, "Do I have to have a reason?"

I bite my lip and laugh, reaching up to give him one more quick peck on the lips before I wiggle free and snatch my shoes from underneath the couch, now scanning the room for my coat. I really need to stop throwing things around willy nilly so I can find them later. I spot a patch of red draped over the stair railing and jog towards it, flinging the coat over my shoulders and wrestling my arms through the sleeves as I sprint out the door towards Derek's - Lamborghini?! 

My jaw drops as I take in the silver beauty that's before me. 2 doors, black-leather seats, shiny rims, sleek body, clear headlights, and-and oh my gosh, the doors open vertically! 

"Stop drooling," Derek smirks. 

I quickly snap my mouth shut and clear my throat.

"I wasn't. I just...Okay, I was drooling." I admit, squealing and running forward to touch the sparkling car. 

Derek, Collin, and Damien all laugh as Blaine comes up behind me, the same look of shock and awe on his face. 

"Dude! When did you get this?" He asks, running his hand over the hood and circling the Lamborghini a few times, drinking it in.

Derek shrugs and answers, "When I got back to the States."

Blaine wiggles his eyebrows, finally taking his eyes off of his new found love. "Can I drive it?"

Derek scoffs, "Yeah, right!"

Blaine laughs, "Fine, fine. But don't expect me to hand the keys to my truck over to you any time soon."

We all laugh, knowing Blaine's truck is a beat-up but reliable piece of junk in comparison to the car shining in front of us. The five of us finish unloading the bags and pile them up in the entry way. 

As I set the last of mine down, I grunt, "So what is all this stuff, anyway?"

Damien shrugs, "We kind of just got whatever we wanted."

I gape, looking at Derek, "I know we live in a mansion but we don't have that kind of money!"

Derek just smirks, "I know, sis. This was a one time deal, I swear. We had a little extra after selling all of Jake's stuff anyway."

I frown, "I'm not sure I'm okay with this."

Collin smiles and he rummages through a few bags near him until he finds what he's looking for. 

"This is for you," he says, handing me a smooth, glossy box with Beats headphones on the cover.

My jaw drops for the fourth time today and I bounce up and down. "Thank you! I've wanted these for so long!"

Collin laughs and wraps me in a hug, his blue eyes shining. I reach up and tousle his wind-swept blond hair. "You're the best."

Damien and Derek both protest, telling me I have to see their gifts before deeming Collin 'the best.' I laugh and gasp at both of their presents. By the time we unpack all but 3 of the bags, I've gained a new Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, a Green Bay Packers sweatshirt, 2 pairs of name brand basketball shorts, 3 gift cards for Amazon, Zappos, and Starbucks, on top of the Beats! All of the boys, including Blaine, end up with new clothes, multiple gift cards like mine, and one or two more expensive gifts. 

Collin goes to set up his brand new flat-screen and X-Box One gaming system with Damien following close behind, head buried in one of the new books he bought. Derek is reading the back of a new video game beside me and Blaine's set off after Damien, hauling his new laptop and clothes with him. I clear my throat and turn to face my brother.

"What's in those?"

Derek sighs, frowning, "They might be returns."

Realization dawns on my face, "You got stuff for Terra?" 

He nods, "Yes, but if she makes the wrong decision I'm taking it all back, 'cause she won't be living here anymore."

I shake my head, scowling, "You still won't tell me what's so important that it's worth kicking her out over."

Derek's jaw is set and his eyes are a dark brown. "It's none of your business."

"She's my best friend! Of course it's my business!" I shout.

Derek scowls at me, "Just leave it alone, Raya. For your own good!"

With this, he turns and leaves the entry way, striding angrily toward his room. 

I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at his back, collecting my new things and taking the steps two at a time to my room. After laying my gifts out of my bed I walk over to my window and look outside to check on Terra. She's still brooding on the lounger, staring out at the woods beyond our fence. I sigh and walk back to my bed, deciding to set up my new phone.