Chapter Six - Faux Fight

Terra's P.O.V

     After climbing back through the window and landing on the tile floor of the bathroom with a soft thud, I closed the aforementioned window and brushed my hands on my skirt. Glancing at myself in the mirror, I declared myself okay and walked out the door. Sixth hour is my painting class and the teacher is almost always gone until the last ten minutes of class. At least, she was last year. If all is normal, I should be able to make it there with time to spare.

     I whisked through the door, subtly looking around for the teacher. Whew. She's gone as per usual. I hastily grabbed a blank canvas from the shelf and set it down on my wide desk along with my books. After looking at the assignment written on the whiteboard at the front of the classroom, I jogged over to the storage shelves and collected my paintbrushes and desired bottles of paint. By the time the teacher walked in, I was hard at work. She walked slowly by everyone's desk, trailing her fingers across the row as she did so.

     I was just adding some golden touches to my sunflower-surrounded waterfall with a lovestruck couple sitting on a log in the middle when she arrived at my desk. She studied my painting with a finger on her chin, "Very nice work, Terra. I'm impressed." I gave her an appreciative smile and thanked her before getting back to work; the butterflies needed some more color in their wings. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    School was over now and Raya and I were on our way home. It was about 68 degrees outside so our windows were sligtly rolled down and the radio was playing. Normally, we'd be singing and nudging the other playfully, making exaggerated faces as we serenaded each other in song, but today isn't normal. 

     I pulled the Camaro up to the 6-car garage and parked it inside once the door had opened. We walked inside, silently, and Raya started up the stairs while I went around the corner, to the kitchen. Blaine was waiting there like we'd planned. All the other guys were out of the house, leaving only Raya, Blaine, and I in the mansion. This was perfect for our little scheme.

     I grabbed a glass, smiling at Blaine as I poured water into it. We gave each other a knowing look as footsteps started coming down from the top of the stairs. Now, we start.

Blaine sneered, "Why are you drinking so much water, Terra? Trying to lose some weight?" He looked me up and down, acting perfectly as Raya appeared behind him. "If so, I support that effort. You're looking a little chubby lately." 

I looked hurt, and even Blaine seemed to believe it, his eyes showed guilt before he regained composure and I said, "I'm perfectly fine with my body, Blaine." 

We both pretended not to see Raya, and she scooted around the corner, assuming she hadn't been noticed. She now tried watching secretly. 

Blaine stepped closer towards me and I backed up. He got within a foot of me before I turned around and he followed, reversing our positions. Now, Blaine was facing the way towards the living room and he kept stepping towards me, making me back up. He shot out an angry question, glaring at me, "Why do you even live here anyways?"

I swallowed, my eyes wide, "I-I...Raya and De-Derek wanted me t-to."

Blaine made a mocking pout appear on his face, "Aww. Does poor wittle Terra have a speech pwoblem?"

I narrowed my eyes, seemingly gaining some confidence as Raya continued to watch from her supposed hiding spot. "You're the one with a speech impediment. Baby talk isn't attractive, Blaine."

He got angrier at that - at least, he pretended to, this was all an act. "How would you know what attractive is?" He looked me up and down again, "You're the ugliest girl I've ever seen!" He was raising his voice now and his insults were getting increasingly shocking, just like the plan.