Chapter Two - From Fighting

Raya's P.O.V

     I woke up early for my routine jog. Terra and I always go jogging at 5:30am on Sundays. Today I'm jogging alone though, seeing as how I shook her and practically shouted in her ear but she wouldn't wake up. I checked for a pulse and realized she wasn't dead, she was just dead to the world. I rolled my eyes and started down the stairs in my black yoga pants, lime green tank top, and matching Nike tennis shoes. 

     I  left the house and jogged down the driveway, taking a right when I hit the sidewalk. I had my iPod with me but decided not to slip my earbuds in just yet. I instead let the pounding of my feet on the pavement be my soundtrack. After a few minutes, I plugged my earbuds in and hit 'play.' Paramore filled my ears as I let myself get lost in the song, "Now." 

     After jogging a mile, I turned around and retraced my steps to the mansion. Satisfied that I had jogged two miles, I slumped against the wall and practically crawled towards the kitchen. My tired body seemed to be screaming that I need to work out more than one day a week. Usually, I would work out 3-4 days a week with Terra but we had slacked off the past couple weeks. 

     I groaned as I stretched my legs out, knowing I'd feel better once I did. I walked the rest of the way to the kitchen and eyed the leftover pasta greedily before reluctantly choosing a vanilla yogurt and topping it with blueberries. I leaned against the counter and savored my healthy breakfast. 

     I had just thrown the yogurt container in the trash and was rinsing my spoon off when Blaine stumbled into the kitchen. I eyed him curiously. He was running a hand lazily through his dark, curly hair as he squinted, clearly having just woken up. I was glad he hadn't noticed me as I didn't want to be glared at this early in the morning. 

     Too late. Blaine looked up and met my gaze, scowling as his green eyes met my brown ones. I rolled my eyes, glancing at the clock before I mumbled, "Great. 6:12 in the morning and I'm already getting frowned at." 

     Blaine glared at me and drank the milk straight from the jug, which he knew I hated. I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms. I was sick of his attitude. "Why do you hate me so much?" I asked, my voice unwavering and firm. He set the milk jug in the fridge and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. He sneered, "Why do you care?" 

"I don't! I just want to know what I did to make you hate me so much!"

He stepped towards me angrily, "Don't be so full of yourself. I hate Terra, too." 

     Our eyes were locked in a war, neither of us wavering. It seemed like minutes before either of us blinked. I stepped closer to him, jabbing him in the chest with my finger with each word. "You. Are. A. Jerk." I sneered right back at him and turned on my heels before I was yanked back towards him when he grabbed my arm.

     Our bodies were now pressed against each other as he stared at me with dark eyes. My face was an inch from his and I could feel his breath. "You have no right to judge me," he pushed me away from him and breathed angrily.

     He wasn't looking at me now, instead deciding to focus his eyes on the aparrently fascinating marble counter top. My face was red, I knew, from anger and I felt it grow hotter before I finally reached the boiling point and snapped at him, "I have no right to judge you?! You have no right to judge me!" My voice had risen to a full yell and Blaine just glared at me before matching the volume level of my voice.

"You are a self righteous, egotistic idiot!" Blaine shot back.

There's no way we haven't woken someone up by now, but I wasn't about to leave. If Blaine thinks I'm going to back down, he clearly doesn't know a thing about me. We yelled more insults at each other, not caring how early it was and that there were others still sleeping upstairs, we were too involved in flinging words of hatred across the kitchen.