Chapter 28 - Discovery

Terra's P.O.V.

I pull away and look up at Asher, holding his hands in mine.

"I'm sorry, Asher. I didn't want to tell you to leave me alone."

Asher cuts me off, finally able to ask his questions, show his emotion. "Then why did you? It didn't make any sense, Terra." He looks hurt and confused, like an abused puppy.

I try not to cry anymore. "Derek said you were bad news and that I needed to stay away from you. I don't even know how he knows who you are, but he said he saw us talking and that if I didn't stay away from you, he'd kick me out and I didn't want to choose, but I chose him and Raya and the guys over you because I've known them longer but I changed my mind and I want you."

I stop rambling and look up, surprised to see that Asher's sheet-white, staring at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I say, scared.

"Did you say...Derek?" 

"Yeah," I say, drawing the word out to show my confusion.

"And Raya?" he whispers.

"Yes," I furrow my eyebrows, "why?"

"Is Raya Derek's sister?" He pulls his hands out of mine to run them through his hair worriedly.

"Yeah, why does that matter?" I'm so confused.

Asher pulls his hands out of his hair and stands up straight, looking serious.

"I need to meet Derek," he says. "Right now."

-----------------------------------------------------------

We pull up in the semi-circle driveway of the mansion in Asher's white Cadillac. I watch his face as he takes in  the building. His eyes are wider than normal but he doesn't take long to look around because he's on a mission: Talk to Derek. 

He starts to get out of the car and I follow, running around to stop him, putting my hand on his chest.

"Asher, are you sure this is a good idea? What if Derek tries to fight you or something?" I ask, worried.

"It'll be fine, Terra." He keeps walking towards the front door.

I hurry after him, opening it when we get there. "Just let me talk to him first, okay?"

Asher looks anxious, but nods.

"Derek!" I call, knowing he's the only one home since Damien and Collin left for the ice rink around the same time Raya and I left for school - an hour ago. 

Derek walks into the kitchen with a wary look on his face.

"Have you decided yet?" He asks.

At this point, Asher decides to walk inside, making eye contact with Derek the moment he does.

Derek's eyes widen, turning a darker shade of brown almost instantly and his eyebrows arch down, anger written all over his face. 

"What the heck is wrong with you, Terra?!" He yells, clenching his fists by his sides, looking like he's ready to lunge at Asher.

That's the second time I've been asked that today. I think, remembering being in the car with Raya this morning.

I open my mouth to speak but Asher cuts me off by pulling something out of his pocket and sliding it across the floor to Derek and raising his hands in a gesture of peace. I furrow my eyebrows, confused. Derek looks confused too, but he slowly reaches down to grab what looks like a black wallet from the ground, keeping his eyes on Asher the whole time.