Gummy Bear Kisses *R*

Beginne am Anfang

"Daddy! Please? You only wanna stop because you already finished your picture. It's not fair." He whined, thinking of the coloring book laying next to his head. He just needed to fill the background with black and outline the sun with a gold glitter pen and he would be all done. He was too close to finishing to stop now!

"But won't the picture be more fun to color when you're wide awake?" Scott reached down to touch him. "You're too sleepy to be coloring right now, bear."

"I'm not," Mitch insisted, closing his eyes and tilting into Scott's touch when the blond cupped his cheek in his big, warm hand. God, that felt nice. Mitch almost wanted to give in and put his coloring book away knowing that he would have more time to cuddle if he wrapped up now, but he was too stubborn to admit it. But, no- he needed to finish the picture. He needed to. Maybe it would come out so good that Scott would hang it up in the bedroom without him even asking, and that would be worth missing a few extra minutes of cuddles. He wished he could've expressed it that cohesively, but he was too distressed to put his thoughts into a convincing argument.

"I'm not sleepy yet! I love coloring. Let me finish or else I'm gonna cry!"

"Oh, don't be like that." Scott pulled his hand away from Mitch's cheek and trailed it down his body, slipping his hand under Mitch's tshirt to rub his stomach. "See? My babycakes is getting all cranky and it's because you're hungry. Lets make a deal. If you behave and put your colors away, I'll let you pick what we eat for dinner. Alright?"

Mitch kept his eyes closed, letting his head roll to the side as Scott's hand rubbed him comfortingly underneath his tshirt. He stayed quiet for a moment, not wanting to give in too soon, but his little smile gave him away. Scott was right, it was time to stop coloring. Daddy was always right, Mitch reminded himself, thinking of how his tummy felt like it was going to grumble from being so empty. He'd gotten so caught up in playing that he'd forgotten that daddy knew what was best for him. Coloring could wait, right now was definitely dinner time. Mitch nodded his head, his resistance softening the longer Scott rubbed his stomach. He tried to keep a straight face for his next request.

"Hmm, okay. Fine, I'll pick. For dinner we can have gummy bear?"

Scott nearly snorted. "What?!" Mitch tried to stay serious but failed immensely, grinning until his teeth were showing. "We can't just eat gummy bears for dinner, silly!" Mitch giggled softly, peeking an eye open to see if Scott had found his proposition funny too. He saw Scott's smile and eye roll and his giggles grew louder. "You need more than just gummy bears to grow big and strong, and I definitely need more than just candy for dinner. Come on, what else are you in the mood for?"

"Gummy bear!"

"Really? Gummy bear, Mitchy?" Scott gave him a look that only made him laugh harder. "One? Just one gummy bear?"

"Big! One big gummy bear! We're gonna share a big one for dinner, you said I can pick so we have to!"

Mitch tilted his head back and giggled happily, trying to visualize it in his mind; him and Scott sitting at the dinner table sharing one huge gummy bear the size of their biggest plate. Scott would have to cut it in half with a knife first and then he'd ask, "which half do you want, baby? The top or the bottom?" Mitch would have to choose the bottom, of course, because he wouldn't want to eat the gummy bear's head. He wouldn't be able to bite into it, though, because it would be too big, so daddy would take the knife and fork and make fancy little slices for him, just like he did with chicken sometimes. And then he'd ask daddy to feed him and daddy would, because he loved him. But it was so funny because it would be a gummy bear!

Scott began chuckling with him, Mitch's sparkling and uncontrollable laughter growing contagious. He stood up and pulled Mitch with him by the hands, drawing him into his chest. He could still feel Mitch's shoulders shaking a little and kissed the side of his head. Mitch's laughter finally grew lighter and softer after Scott wrapped his arms around him and swayed him gently from side to side in an attempt to calm him down.