Chapter Thirty

Haru was walking alone through a very dreamlike flower garden, her knee length white dress softly caressed by the cozy spring wind. The sun was just a gentle warmth against her skin and the cool breeze made her feel as heavenly. It was very peaceful.

“Mom would really love this place,” she muttered to herself, smiling down at the flowers she grazes with her fingers. The garden was really big and went on to as far as her eyes could see. It was very beautiful—so beautiful that she knew this kind of place would never exist in the real world.

So where is she now?

Why is she here?

Though, even when she was alone in the strange place, she somehow didn’t feel scared or out of place. She was just happily enjoying the beautiful view while waiting for whatever reason she was brought to this place. Then she heard a voice.

“Uri ttal,” Haru turned to where the voice came from and saw a woman standing from afar. Even while looking like in her late forties, she was still very beautiful, and the man she was standing hand in hand with looked just as attractive in their age. Haru’s eyes widened. She couldn’t believe it.

“Mom….Dad….!!”

Fearing that they’d disappear if she fails to come to them any sooner, Haru ran as fast as her feet can get her, not even caring anymore if she trips and fall. When she finally reached them, she hugged them both. And the warmth as they hugged back made them even more real.

“I missed you both…” Haru smiled, happy tears brimming in her eyes.

“We missed you too sweetie. You knew we were always with you, right?” her mother said as she lovingly stroked Haru’s hair. Haru nodded her head and closed her eyes, trying her best to embed this moment in her mind since it’s been so long since she felt this way.

“Are the two of you happy now?” Haru asked.

“Of course sweetie. Though, before you really made the two of us worried all the time.” Her father answered her a bit jokingly.

“I did? But I live my life just fine.” Haru looked up her dad in confusion.

“No you don’t. You’re just a 16 year old girl but you live your life like a 30 year old woman.” Her mother said.
“You should live your life according to your age, or else you’re going to regret it in the future.”

“Sweetheart, you have found your new family now. You don’t have to worry much anymore. You have every right in the world to be happy and to be loved.” Her father said in his deep warm voice. Haru just smiled and nodded.

“We want you to just be happy with them. They are your family now, and love them just as much as you loved us. We will always be watching you from here. We love you.” Her father added.

As they hugged her one last time, Haru repeated her parents’ words on and on in her head, making sure that she will remember every single word. She let go of the hug and stepped back when she felt her body slowly fading. Smiling, her parents waved their hands at her, and it filled Haru with so much happiness and warmth. Even though she knew she will miss them so much again after this, she no longer shed a single tear. Instead, a big smile was drawn on her cute chubby face.

***

Chanyeol sat on a chair next to his beloved. She still lay unconscious in his bed even though two days has past. The happening from two nights ago was so surreal that it has only become a hazy memory. He can only remember the time when they were both being brought home after Haru’s battle with her own ability.