Chapter Twenty Four

I went back to the living room and took a seat next to Chanyeol as I handed him back his phone.

"So, how did he take it?" Chanyeol asked, referring to Jongsuk.

"He's taking it pretty calmly, considering that we argued big time before. He even says sorry for being such an ass to you earlier." I smiled.

"Though, I completely understand why he behaved that way. I never told him about you guys at all, even though I used to talk to him about everything. To me he's like an overly attached older brother, but to him I'm like a daughter, so he always considers himself as a father around me. He behaves exactly like my dad--I think their brains work at the same wavelength--and they practically can read what's in each others head. So I think I've got my share to blame too." I explained to them because I didn't want them to have a bad impression about Jongsuk. I really do want them to get along.

"It's okay Haru-ya, we're kinda used to having bad impressions on people already." Xiumin gave me a small smile, and the others just chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"Thanks for everything guys, and I'm sorry for making you guys worried...again." I said, emphasizing the last word as I looked at Suho.

"No, don't mind what Suho hyung just told you, Haru-ya. He's like that to all of us. Just ignore him." Sehun said, in which Suho protested.

"Yah, don't poison her mind with your mischievousness! I don't want her ending up as an evil maknae like you."

"Don't worry sunbae, I think Sehun will always be the maknae. I probably should call him Sehunie instead." I said to Suho.

Sehun gave me a thumb up but then looked at the others who were busy laughing at him. Then he paused as he just realized that I was actually younger than him.

"Hey! But you're just a sophomore!" he exclaimed in realization.

"And you just realized that?" Kai commented between his giggles.

I looked around and suddenly met Tao's eyes. There's something about the way he was staring that made me nervous. I quickly averted my gaze, but it was too late. He already knew I was hiding something. Tao then cleared his throat to gain everyone attention. When they all finally stopped giggling, Tao called my name.

"Haru-ya, is there anything else you might wanna share with us?" Tao's stare was boring straight into my soul, that it made me feel like I had no other choice but to spill out the truth.

"Well, actually there's something more that happened when I was drowning in the lake..."

"Really? We only left you alone for a few hours and so much happened already? No wonder your emotions are jumbled up every time!" Sehun commented.

"Ow!" a second later Sehun shouted.

"Don't mind him Haru-ya, just continue." Chen that was sitting beside Sehun smacked the back of his head. Sehun groaned in pain and pouted as he rubbed the back of his own head.

I took a deep breath.

"I've met the Phoenix spirit."

There was a brief silence as they all stared at me blankly. Then they all erupted into a reaction I totally didn't expect.

"WOW!!!!!" all of them made the same reaction.

"Wah, you're so lucky Haru-ya!"

"How?" Xiumin asked in amazement.

"I lost control of my power, and somehow it took control of my body instead. Then the spirit reveal itself to me."

"So you were actually able to make a conversation with it?" Xiumin asked again.