Chapter Nine

Chanyeol's POV

Morning came, but I still haven't been able to close my eyes even for a bit. My mind kept coming back to last night. How my mouth so recklessly talked about my anxiousness right in front of Haru. How she looked perfectly matched with D.O when they were battling me and Xiumin. And now, I feel so mad at myself for not being able to do anything as her anima partner.

I spent the night wondering when did I fall this hard for a girl named Lee Haru? I guess it's that day I met her gaze in our class weeks ago. Since then, my mind was always preoccupied by her.

If only I braced myself up that time to approach her and get to know her better, maybe we'll be a lot closer than we are right now. If only I didn't spend too much time thinking that ability wielders aren't supposed to fall in love at first sight because our hearts are reserved for our animas.

She's just so unbelievably adorable! Her fair skin, her pinky lips, her small figure, her cute small shy voice, her chubby cheeks; it all blends so well into that lovely creature.

After she came to our class that day, suddenly she just became the talk among the boys. They said that having a girlfriend like her would be so much fun, because she looked like a girl that would make our day shine.

If only I knew right at that moment that she was my anima.

I should've just listened to my heart and went looking for her instead.

Sighing for the hundredth time, I turned to see Chen who was still sleeping peacefully in his bed. Maybe I'll apologize later when he wakes up because I ignored him the whole time after we get back from the training ground last night. I decided to get up and went to the kitchen.

"Morning," a voice greeted me when I entered the kitchen. I had to pause for a second as I felt my anger rush back into my veins. Oh yeah, I forgot he's here. I should've known, since he's the only one who wakes up early in this house besides me. Right now, I just don't want to see his face, but since I'm already in the kitchen, I just grabbed the apron and did my share of work in silence.

"Are you still mad at me?" His question broke the thick silence. I groaned inwardly. I really hate his straightforwardness sometimes.

"Well, what do you think D.O?" I deadpanned. He put down the knife that he was using to chop the vegetables, and then approached me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that what I did would affect you this much. Just tell me what should I do to make it up to you."

As much as I hated to admit, he looked so sincere. How am I supposed to stay mad at him when he is like this? It was just a battle, and in situations like that, it's just normal that your enemy will use your weakness against you. I guess I just used him to channel up my frustration. I sighed deeply. I was about to say something, but Tao suddenly came rushing into the kitchen.

"D.O-ya, is Luhan hyung awake yet?"

"No, I don't think so, why?"

"The girls stayed over at Haru's and I think they stay up until dawn. Maeji texted me at 3 in the morning saying that we should wake them up in case they over slept. I try to call her just now, but she's not answering." Tao explained.

"Should I wake him up now?" D.O asked.

"Yes. Tell him we have to leave early so we can pick up the girls before we head to school." D.O just nodded. Tao was about to leave the kitchen when he suddenly turned around to look at me. "Oh, you wanna come with us too?"

"Why should I?" I sounded so crabby, even I was shocked by my own reaction.

Tao paused for a second as if to observe me. Then he just shrugged. "Okay, your call."