Chapter Nineteen

I don't know how far I've been running, only when my feet and my breath started to give up on me did I stop.

I slowly looked around and realized that I run towards the lake. The lake that was my dad's favorite fishing spot. I've been here several times already because when my dad goes fishing, he always takes me with him instead of joining the other ahjussis, saying that I was a more quiet company than his friends, and he liked it that way. I always enjoyed just sitting beside him and watching him fish, while we casually talked about random things.

I went to sit on top of a flat rock by the edge of the lake, which was the same spot I used to sit on. I looked at the dark water that was covered with a thin layer of ice, and a dark thought crept into my mind.

If I jump into the icy waters, maybe I can no longer burst into flames. I would finally be frozen, unaware of anything. It's just the same, right? If Chanyeol dies, even if I'm the one still alive, it would be more painful for me because the thought of him gone would kill me slowly. But if I die, right here and right now, maybe I won't be able to absorb Chanyeol's ability anymore, and he will live.

Maybe...

Maybe it's the only way.

I took a deep breath and shook my head.

NO.

You can't lose hope yet, Haru.

Tao said that there could still be a way to save both Chanyeol and I, that both of us still have a chance to survive.

I closed my eyes and just concentrated on my heartbeat to tear myself away from my suicidal thoughts and give my brain a time to calm down.

Strangely, when I did that, the world suddenly felt so different. It was so quiet and peaceful, completely unaware of my misery.

I opened my eyes and looked up at the gray sky. Believing that my mom and dad were up there watching me.

"Mom, Dad, what should I do?" I whispered. If they're both still around, will they have a solution for this kind of problem?

Even after the accident that took my parents' life, I was still able to think of a way to get back to my feet. But now, I just feel so lost. So disoriented.

This supernatural thingy is suck.

Who am I even supposed to talk to about this supernatural problems?

The Elders? Don't know 'em.

The ancient spirit? How the heck am I even supposed to talk to it?

Wait a minute.........

The image of Xiumin talked in the Hellions living room buffering in my head.

Xiumin did say the Phoenix spirit already partly revealed itself to me through my dreams. That means if I do it right, I could actually talk to it. Then maybe it can tell me what I should do. It's the root of all this mess in the first place, so they should have an explanation for this, right?

The unpleasant feeling in my stomach slowly disappear and replaced by my new found determination.

I shouldn't waste anymore time here. I should go home and talk to Xiumin so I can find as much information as I can.

I hurriedly get on my feet and started running back to my own house. I still don't have the confidence to meet Chanyeol, afraid of how he'll react towards me. I could only hope he's alright now.

When I entered my house, I saw my bag and uniform placed at my living room table, most probably brought by Kai because I didn't come back home since the day of the incident with Eunhye. Remembering it now, it felt like I was just a baby whining about a broken toy. The heartache that I feel now is a million more painful than what I felt over Eunhye's betrayal.

I looked at my wall clock and saw that it's already 2 AM. My body was already aching everywhere and I know that I'm supposed to rest already, but my brain wouldn't allow me to rest. I turned on my phone and started texting Xiumin.

"Xiumin sunbae, are you still awake?"

I paced back and forth in my room as I waiting for his reply, which only came a minute later.

"I am. Are you at home now, Haru?"

"Yes sunbae. Has Chanyeol oppa regained consciousness yet?"

"Actually yes. He was asking for you the minute he woke up, and threw a tantrum after he found out that you ran away from home. Good thing Tao and D.O was able to calm him down. Have you contacted him yet?"

His long reply made me bite my lips nervously.

"Does he know about his condition already?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Yes, we explained everything after he calmed down. Should I ask Kai to come get you now? No one's asleep here yet." I was afraid of Chanyeol's reaction after he learnt about his condition so I didn't ask.

"No, please don't tell anyone that I'm home yet." I hurriedly replied back.

"Why?"

I rummaged my brain as I tried to think of something that will make him withdraws his plan on sending Kai over. A minute or two already passed, but still, I couldn't think of anything. My phone suddenly buzzed, the screen saying "incoming call from Xiumin sunbae". I answered it right away.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Haru-ya, are you alright?" His voice was evident with worry.

"I'm perfectly fine sunbae. Please don't worry about me and just take care of Chanyeol oppa for me. And I have a favor to ask of you, sunbae." I said the last part in a low tone, afraid that anybody else would overhear.

"What is it?" he asked, and I was mentally relieved that he didn't probe anymore as to why I didn't want anyone to know I'm home already.

"Please email me your research on the superior anima, and also any information on how to communicate with our individual inspirit. I need to study all that."

"What do you have in mind? Maybe I can help you."

"Well, you said that the Phoenix has partly revealed itself to me through my dreams. I need to know how I can get it to completely reveal itself so I can communicate with it. Then, I can ask for a way out of this mess." I explained.

"You know, it will be better if we talk about this face to face, but if you don't want to, I won't force you." He just sighed in defeat. "For now, I'll email everything that I have. Just give me your email address."

"Thank you so much sunbae. I'll text you my address. Bye."

I ended the phone call and immediately texted him my email address. Afterwards, I turned off my phone. Then I took my laptop from my school bag and sat on my bed, waiting for Xiumin's email to come. I sighed and stared up at the ceiling.

Please wait for me Chanyeol oppa. I'll come back to you once I can assure you that we'll be alright.

I will find a way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N : I'm not really satisfied with this chapter....please bear it with me 😐