Chapter Four

I hurriedly walked to school since I don't even have a single clue to the whereabouts of Cha Maeji's locker. If I'll have to scan every single lockers in school, I'll surely be late for first period.

But then, I don't know whether I should call myself lucky or not, because just as I was about to enter the front gate, I immediately saw Cha Maeji in person.

She was walking hand in hand with her boyfriend, Tao, and on her other side was Lay whom I knew to be in the same class as hers. I took a deep breath.

"Cha Maeji-sunbaenim!"

She takes her hand off Tao's hand and turns around to face me.

"Yes, can I help you?" she said as I walked nervously towards her. The two guys' piercing stares were even scarier now that they're looking directly at me.

"P-Please accept this," I said as I bowed down 90° and handed her my letter. She looked puzzled at first, but then eventually spoke up.

"Are you sure this is for me? If it's for one of the boys, I suggest you just give it directly to him..." She mumbled the last part. I supposed she thinks that I'm one of those fan girls who make her like a post box just to get a letter to the Hellion Brothers.

"No, It really is for you sunbaenim. Actually, I dream about you at night." I paused as I realize what I just said sounded so wrong.

"Wow, Maeji. You got yourself a fan!" Lay teases, making me even more embarassed than I already was.

"I'm so sorry, it really is for you, I'm not a stalker, so please read it!" And just like that, I frantically ran away. Like the total normal person I was.

I spent the next school hours with my head on the other side of the planet. I kept thinking about what happened this morning, and how idiotic I probably looked in front of them. But I wonder how would Cha Maeji reacted after reading the letter? Will she tell the other guys? Or will she just keep it to herself? Would she even believe in everything I told her? All of these things made my head spin and kept me occupied.

After school is over, I somehow feel a little bit down since there's no response from Cha Maeji at all.

Not only that, I'm kind of not on good terms with Eunhye anymore, because I've been ignoring her a lot lately. It's just that I feel like I couldn't tell her the weird things going on in my life right now. Hence, she said I don't act like her bestfriend anymore, so now, we're officially in a cold war.

"Hi!" Cha Maeji suddenly appears in front of me out of nowhere as I got out of the school gate.

Whoa, wait. Was she waiting for me here? I looked around in confusion, and completely froze as I saw something completely unbelievable.

The whole gang was with her.

"I've read your letter." She begins with a smile.

"I've told them about everything that you wrote. We need to talk to you right now, so would you please come with us?" Cha Maeji asked politely, and I just couldn't say no despite the fact that I have to be at my part-time job in an hour.

"Sure," I said carefully, trying to avoid the boys' stares as much as possible. Cha Maeji briefly nods, and the whole group started walking. I followed, making sure to keep distance behind them.

"I'm Huang ZiTao, but you can just call me Tao." He tried to smile, but I could tell he was just doing that to make me feel less scared. But instead of shaking the hand he offered, I bowed my head deeply instead.

"I know all of sunbaenims' names... I'm sorry for being rude. I should be the one to introduce myself. I'm--"

"We all know who you are too. Maeji told us. You're Lee Haru from class II-A." Chanyeol cuts off my introduction.