Chapter Seventeen

It's snowing hard outside but I still insisted to go to the town. I decided to quit all of my part-time jobs because of my complicated situation, and I think it will be rude to just quit only through phone. I don't want to have any accidents while I'm at my part-time jobs just because I can't control my own ability. I really hope our training tonight could finally help me deal with it.

Chanyeol and I walked hand in hand after I bid my last farewell to Mr.Han, the grocery shop's supervisor. Visiting the grocery shop with Chanyeol makes me remember my first encounter with him, which he probably doesn't remember.

"Oppa, did you know that we've met here at the grocery store months ago?" I asked out of curiosity, hoping for tiniest bit that he actually remembered.

"Jinjja? When was that?" My heart still stung a little even though I already expected his response. I shouldn't have asked if I knew it'll makes me feel this way.

"It's okay if you don't remember." I just shook my head.

"My first meeting with you was in my classroom. I told you before that I regret it for not trying to get to know you better that time, right?" he squeezed my hand, reminding me of what he told me the first time he picked me up for school.

"Why's that?" I asked, realizing that I never got to know the reason why he said those words.

He stopped walking and turned around to face me, so I did the same. He took both of my hands and smiled.

"Because that was the day I fell in love with you." His deep voice sounded so sweet in my ears.

Since I didn't know how to respond to his sweet words, I just pulled myself closer and surrendered myself into his big warm hug. If his previous answer made a dark cloud hanging above my head, now it's definitely shoved away. My heart swelled at the fact that he's the only one who could have these kind of effects on me.

I hear him giggles as he rested his chin at the top of my head.

"Why? You're touched with what I said, aren't you?" he asked in between his giggles. I just nodded my head in his chest, and I suddenly heard his heart beat a bit faster after I did that.

"Could you please stop doing that when we're in public?" he sighed, parting our hug to look at me.

"Doing what?" I asked, confused.

"Stop being so cute all the time and making me falling for you over and over again, or else I might attack you." I laughed at his cheesy remark and intertwined my hand with his.

"Let's just go home," I said, smiling my brightest smile.

When we arrived home, we saw that Lay was already waiting for us. Chanyeol said that Lay was the one in charge to be the training coach for most of them, including Maeji when she first learned to obtain her ability.

As usual, Kai teleported us, but we didn't go to the usual training ground because it's snowing and Lay would most probably freeze to death if we would train there.

I scanned the place that Kai brought us to. It was a spacious room that obviously looked underground, but it looked like the perfect place to train powers that has to be contained in case of emergency (such as me). The floor was made of flat rock that was arranged very neatly, and the ceiling had a few holes, probably for ventilation. There was no door, though, so I suppose we can't get in or out of this place without Kai's help. I suppose this is the alternate training ground I heard the boys talking about before, and how all of it was made possible mainly because of D.O.

All of Hellion Brothers' hide out spots always feel magical for me. First, the secret garden, then the barren training ground, and now this place.

We took off our coats since it's really warm inside, then proceeded to light the torches that were already prepared on four corners of the walls.

We all took our seats in the middle of the stone floor, with me cross-legged right beside Chanyeol, and Lay sitting in front of us.

"So basically, meditating is a way for you to connect with your inner self." Lay started his lecture. "Theoretically, if you reach an understanding with your inner self, you could achieve inner peace, and that way, you can control your emotion better."

I nodded and saw Chanyeol had his eyes closed, so I did the same.

"Clear your mind, take steady deep breaths, and try to feel your surroundings." Lay's instruction echoed around the underground walls.

I honestly didn't understand it at all when Lay said I should learn how to connect with my inner self. I mean, how am I supposed to find my inner self when I don't even know how to find it in the first place?

But anyway, I still followed his instructions, hoping that I will understand it eventually. Minutes of silence passed by, but nothing happened. I felt Chanyeol start fidgeting. I guess sitting in silence for a long time is quite a torture for him, considering how he behaves the whole time.

I tried to concentrate again and took a deep breath. I tried to clear my mind, but instead I started to think about how all of this began. I thought about the vision I had when I touched Chanyeol's pin, and the dreams that I started to have before I started talking to the Hellion Brothers. In those dreams, I could remember seeing a huge bird on fire. At that time, I didn't understand what it was, but now I assume it was the ancient Phoenix spirit where our powers originated.

Suddenly, I had a vision that I was flying above an endless desert. It felt as if I was seeing through the eyes of a flying bird, and I could even feel the sun scorching above the sky. The land under me was vast and foreign, but before I could fully comprehend what was happening, I was snatched back to the underground cubicle.

Lay's worried scream made me open my eyes, and when I look beside me, Chanyeol was laying on the flat rock, unconscious, and Lay was already crouched beside him to check him up.

"What happened?" I hurriedly came to Chanyeol's side.

"He suddenly collapsed. But his pulse is okay. I think he's just exhausted, though I don't know how or why his energy was drained so fast. This is the first time this happened." Lay answered. Before I could respond, Kai suddenly appeared beside us, his eyes looking worried.

"Tao got a vision so he sent me here. What happened to Chanyeol hyung?"

"He fainted. Let's just get him home first." Lay said. Kai nodded and put a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder, and they disappeared.

I was the last one to be teleported back, and as soon as I was in their dorm, I saw all the guys gathered in the living room. Chanyeol and Lay wasn't there though, so I assumed they were in Chanyeol's room. I headed there out of impulse, but Tao stopped me.

"Haru-ya, did something happen to you before Chanyeol collapsed?" he asked.

"Can we talk about that later, sunbae? I have to see Chanyeol oppa." I pleaded.

"He's in good hands. But please tell us what happened first. We have to know." He said sternly, which kind of scared me so I did what he said.

"We were just practicing meditation, and before Chanyeol oppa collapsed, I got a vision."

"What kind of vision?"

"At first I was thinking about the dreams I had before I met you guys, and I remember that there was a Phoenix. Then it suddenly shifted to a vision of me flying above a very vast desert." After hearing my explanation, Tao exchanged looks with Xiumin. My brows furrowed.

"Why? Does my vision have something to do with what happened to Chanyeol oppa?"

"After you told me about what you read about the superior anima, I asked my family in Seoul to e-mail me some of the old transcripts that I have at home." Xiumin spoke. "Apparently, there's only one record about her. But if what you experience right now was the same as hers..."

Xiumin's face turned dead serious.

"I'm afraid this will be bad news."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N : Vote, Comment, Share....주세요