Chapter Twenty Nine

Third Person PoV

Haru observed how these people --the people she just met only a few weeks ago that now has become her new world and her new family-- now seriously giving all their attention and intention so this unprecedented attempt won’t be a futile effort. It somehow calmed her down and took away the fear and panic that attacked her before. Her body felt so light and full of energy from the effect of Luhan and Lay’s energy flowing very carefully at her skin all over her body.
“Haru, on my mark, start unleashing your ability to the max!” Xiumin shouted from where he was standing.

Haru nodded her head to answer.

“Everybody get ready! 3… 2…” Everyone started to crouch into a stance, ready for anything that could happen. “…1, NOW HARU!”

At Xiumin’s cue, all of their eyes started twinkling brightly in their respective colors, indicating that their powers were already at use. Gwen and Luhan’s eyes were the same shade of silver, Suho’s were deep blue, Xiumin’s were a bright blue, and Haru… Haru’s eyes turned bright orange but was gradually burning brighter as she started to unleash her power.

Haru’s flame started to arouse, getting bigger and bigger as seconds passed. Layers of energy were trying to contain the heat from her flame. Circling her was the first layer which was Gwen’s invisible shield, making it look like she was trapped inside a small dome of flame.

The second layer was the lake water Suho enfolded around the invisible shield.

Lastly, Xiumin freezed Suho’s water to contain the heat from spreading, but had to do it constantly as the heat of Haru’s flame kept on contradicting it.

The mix of those energies were whirling around with Haru at their center. Though, these layers of energy weren’t enough to lock up the heat inside the energy dome as the people around the place started to feel the air around them getting warmer.

Nobody’s tracked how many minutes has passed since they started all of this, but in this kind of situation, even a minute can feel like an hour.

A dreadful hour.

Tao, Maeji and Kai were focusing their attention at every one outside of Haru’s dome. Their faces were gradually turn pale along with their energies starting to drain.

“Tao, look at Luhan hyung!” Kai said when he saw Luhan’s feet start to wobble.

“Luhan hyung! You okay?!” Tao shouted from where they stand.

“Xiumin-ah, I don’t think I could hold on much longer. Haru’s energy is unbelievably strong.” Luhan struggled to keep his balance with his remaining energy. His shield was the one closest to Haru, so he must be struggling a lot in protecting Haru from her own flame.

“Gwen, can you take over Luhan place?!” Xiumin shouted.

“I can, but I don’t think I could hold out for long either.” Gwen answered.

“It’s okay, we need to protect Haru’s body as long as possible.” Xiumin shouted back.

But before Gwen could even react, Luhan’s feet already betrayed him and he suddenly collapsed to the icy lake floor.

Along with that, Haru’s scream of pain echoed all over the place.

Maeji felt like all the hairs in her body stood on end when she heard Haru’s scream. Tears started to fill her eyes as she could only imagine the pain Haru’s going through. Without Luhan’s shield protecting her, she will feel the burn on every inch of her skin even though Lay’s energy is constantly trying to heal her. It makes Maeji’s stomach tighten, knowing that Haru have to feel that pain over and over again.