Chapter Thirteen

The most horrible school day of my life is almost over now, and I was literally on the edge of my seat, wanting for it to end so badly. Eunhye, who has been unbelievably quiet the whole day, suddenly talked to me.

"Haru-ya, do you have time after school? There's just something that I need help for. It'll only take a small while, I promise." Eunhye pleaded with her puppy eyes, knowing that I can never say no to that.

"Sure, what is it?" I agreed, thinking that I should at least repay her for her serene behavior the whole day instead of pestering me around like the other girls.

"Just come to the school's sport storeroom near the gym with me after school okay? I'll let you know then." she said.

"Okay," I just nod.

After the bell for end of classes rang, Eunhye immediately stood up and dragged me along with her, saying that it'll only take a while so I don't need to take my bag.

The storeroom was behind the gym so we needed to circle the building to get there. Once we were in front of the storeroom, Eunhye took a key from her jacket pocket and open the door. While she was on it, three girls whom I knew to be in junior grade appeared out of nowhere and approached us. They looked like they were there the whole time since I didn't see them coming. I greeted them with a bow but they just came marching at me with surprisingly hostile eyes and harshly pushed my shoulder, making me stumble back and fall on my butt.

"You, flirty b**ch! Do you think because you're so cute and popular you could just snatch Park Chanyeol away from us?! You're not even close to his level! You don't deserve him!" The one who looked like their leader yelled at me. This is just great. My horrible day has been completed. I've got the spotlight, the neon sign, the baseless rumors, the fans, and now..........the haters. 

Just perfect.

Taking in a deep breath, I stood up from the ground and faced them. It was quite funny how only in that moment did I realize that I was taller than the average height for girls. And these three were a couple of inches below my eyes. The corner of my eyes caught Eunhye frozen in front of the storeroom door, and I thought it's better if she's not tangled with me into any of this crap so I pretended she's not even there.

"As far as I know, Park Chanyeol doesn't belong to anybody." I talked back with a cold voice. My insides were already feeling a bit warm, so I was trying hard to control my emotion because I can't let my ability appear by accident.

"Don't be so full of yourself. You may think you're so high and popular, but he just thinks that you could be his toy for a while." the one on my right side said with a murderous glare. I felt my insides start to boiled after hearing them saying those words about Chanyeol. They're his fans, but now they are badmouthing him when they're the ones that are supposed to say that he's not that kind of guy.

"Thanks for the compliment. I didn't even know that I'm popular." I flashed a tiny smirk, and the insulted look on their faces felt so nice to see. But unfortunately, the girl in front of me slapped me across the face, I think she need to take an anger management class or something. I winced as I tasted something salty inside of my mouth. I felt a little flame start to crawl out of my palm, but I clenched my fist hard to keep it from spreading further. I need to end this or something bad could happen.

"Enough of this bullshit." Eunhye's voice sounded so cold that I couldn't believe it was hers. She moved closer to us and walked to their side, her back facing me. And when she turn around to face me, I felt my heart sink. I can't even recognize her. She was not the same Eunhye that I've known since my freshman year. Her stare that bore into me was so cold that I could feel the ice in it.

"Eunhye-ya, what's the meaning of all this?" I said, trying to fight the feeling of all my emotions stuck on my throat.

"I've had enough of being your loyal maid. You're so stupidly naïve that you never even realized that I hated you from the first day I saw you." Her words stabbed through my heart like icicles. I was so tangled up with emotions that I can't even form a word to say to her.

"I'm a really good actor, aren't I?" she said with a sinister smile.

"At first I thought it will be just fine as long as I can taste your fame when I'm around you. Those stupid boys would do anything I say if I promise them that I'll introduce them to you. Didn't you ever wonder why not a single boy would ever come close to you? It's because they all believe when I say you don't take any of those country bumpkins into your consideration. But then, you just had to take the one and only guy that I've ever loved. Park Chanyeol is mine. I love him more than you do. I worship him all the time, and I've been a very devoted fan for him." Her voice started to turn louder as she said those words. It frightened me how her eyes looked possessed; like she was insane.

"But you? What did you ever do to deserve him? You're sky high pride was too high that you don't even want to glance at him at the window. You thought your level was way higher than the rest of us, didn't you? Well, guess what. You should repent for your sin inside this rat hole and see if your pride can help you get out." she said as she dragged me and pushed me inside the storeroom. I heard the key rattle as she locked the door from the outside.

"Are you seriously going to lock her there?" I heard one of the girls say since they were still right in front of the door.

"Why? You wanna back out now?" Eunhye answered with a cold voice.

"But it's winter. She could die if you lock her there the whole night..."

"Yah! Don't be such a coward! We're in this together. Now let's just get the hell out of here, then we'll come back tomorrow to open the door. I would love to see her begging for our mercy in the morning." This time, it was the girl who slapped me that spoke.

I heard their footsteps slowly fade away as they finally left the storeroom. I slumped down on the cold floor, feeling so out of spirit. My heart feel numb. I still can't believe that Eunhye, the girl that I thought to be my best friend was actually burying all those poisonous thoughts about me inside her heart. I felt betrayed, angry, miserable and grievous all together.

I was so busy mulling over my emotions and trying to calm myself down that I don't remember how long I was already in that room. But in the end, my emotions got the best of me. Those feelings got mixed up all together and formed this rage that was growing fast inside me.

What happened after that, I couldn't fully comprehend. It felt like I had no control of my whole body anymore, and it was like watching myself from outside of my own body. A red and orange flame started to envelope my feet, and quickly spread to the top of my hair. And soon enough, the whole storeroom was already on fire. I kicked open the half burnt door and easily walked out of the burning place, unharmed.

Outside, the sky was already dark, and the first snow was already falling. Right then and there, Chanyeol's face suddenly came to my mind. He must be looking for me like crazy right now, so I started to run with all my might, knowing exactly where my feet were taking me.

Their dorm.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N : A quick update for you guys....
Comment and vote juseyo ♥♥♥♥