Chapter Seven

Ever since I started hanging out with the Hellions, time seemed to go by so fast. I only meet them every day at lunch breaks, because I begged them to act like strangers to me at school.

Chanyeol was the one who strongly opposed, but I promised him that I just needed a little time to prepare myself, so he gave me two weeks. And tonight will be my first time to join their training session.

My skill in controlling fire has advanced very quickly. I can produce a ball of fire now, and I've never even hurt myself. Lay said that when Chanyeol trained, he was the one who needed to be healed the most, because even if we are the ones who produce the fire, we still can get hurt by it. And Chanyeol always got blisters everywhere after a training session. Out of all the abilities, I have noticed that ours was the one with the most destructive power.

I'm now at Miss Kwon's boutique, my third part-time job place. Chanyeol insisted to pick me up after my shift is over, and I kinda ran out of excuses to say no so I agreed as long as he doesn't show himself inside the boutique. Miss Kwon was the type who knows about everything that happens in this small town and kind of has a fetish for pretty boy, so I think it'll be dangerous if she recognizes Chanyeol when he picks me up. I texted Chanyeol, saying that I'll be done in ten minutes. Miss Kwon said that I can go home after I finish putting price tags on some newly bought clothes.

After stepping out of the shop, I looked around but didn't see Chanyeol anywhere. So I decided to just walk around, and when I got to the corner of the shop, someone tapped my right shoulder. I look right but the person quickly swerved to my left. I turned again to my left and saw Chanyeol smiling ear to ear.

"Annyeong Haru," he happily waved his hand. I bowed to return his greeting. We started to walk side by side, but it was silent for a while. I really do want to have a normal friendly conversation with him, but even today, there's still no avail. I forced my brain to come up with something to talk about, just so this awkward silence would be gone.

"Sunbae?" I called, slightly hesitating.

"Eoh, mwo?"

"What's gonna happen after all of you graduate high school?"

"Well, we'll go to college just like everybody else, I guess." he seemed uncertain with his answer.

"Are ability wielders supposed to meet their animas at a young age, like us?"

"Not necessarily. My parents met when my father already took his position in our bloodline, so they got married only a few months after they met."

"Really?"

"Yeah, they just went head over heels towards each other instantly, and the fact that my mother was his anima reassured my father to marry her right away."

"Does it mean that you'll never fall in love with another person who's not your anima?"

"Well, we still could fall in love before we meet our anima, but somehow, the feeling would be overpowered by the anima relationship."

"Don't you think it's kinda unfair?"

"What do you mean?" he looked puzzled.

"I just imagine if I were an ordinary girl who fell in love with you and we were in a stable relationship, but then out of nowhere you met your anima, and suddenly your feelings shifted towards her. I wonder how wrecked I will be. I mean, nothing is actually going wrong between us, but then you just suddenly gave your heart away to someone else. Not to mention you can't explain the situation because you can't tell me about your ability wielder world. I would probably think that your anima put a spell on you." I said with a little chuckle.