Chapter One

"Haru-sshi, you can go home now!" Mrs.Yoon, the owner of a Ramyun shop that I work part-time at, shouts from the kitchen.

"Okay Mrs.Yoon, I'll be leaving now, thanks for the hard work!" I excuse myself and grab my coat. The weather is starting to get colder lately, and I could even see my white breath as I breathe outside the warm shop. I walk to my house that's quite far from this shop, but I'm used to it anyway so no need to grumble.

My parents died on a car accident almost a year ago. I'm their only child, so now I live alone since I refused to move out from our house. My distant relatives don't even bothered to convince me to come and live with them so here I am, a 16 year old girl, living alone in this small forsaken town.

Fortunately, I'm not some heroine from a melodrama who's left by her parent with a mountain of debts or toddler siblings to take care of or some scandalous problems. Thanks God for that. My family was just ordinary people with ordinary jobs and ordinary way of life. They left me enough for me to provide for myself actually, but I've got nothing to do and it makes me miserable staying alone in the house after school times over. So I started to find something to do, and working part-time is perfect to kill time. It also gives me some pocket money. I started to do one part-time job to another and now I've got three part-time jobs to fill up my whole weekdays. It's like I'm addicted to it.

My school life is not bad either, I have friends and my grades are good. I think it will be enough for me if I want to continue to college one day. To an ordinary university, of course but not to some fancy and elite ones. Since I think my humble high school, St.Lupus High to be precise, couldn't afford to send their alumni to elite universities.

As I walk alone the path that I usually pass through, I eventually reach a playground. It wasn't something new but somehow, this night the playground was kind of "inviting" me to come. It got fences around it but to my surprise, the gate wasn't locked. The gatekeeper probably forgot, or maybe they think the big sign that say "KEEP OUT" would actually drive people away instantly.

I sit on one of the swings, my favorite playground thing since I was a kid. I play it for a while and wonder to myself why I never bothered to stop by this place before. Times like this is the time where I miss my parents a lot. If they were around I'd be scolded big time or even be grounded for a week if I stay out this late. I sigh at the thought and jump down from the swing to continue my journey home.

When my feet reach the ground, I feel a soft thing I accidently stepped on. I reach out my hand and take it. It's a black and grey baseball jacket. It doesn't look dirty like a thrown off cloth so someone probably lost it. I decide to put it on the bench in case someone will come to get it tomorrow.

As I carry it, something drops off from its pocket. I was hoping a wallet or something that may help me identify the owner of the jacket, but turns out, it's just a pin. Though, it doesn't look like an average pin. It is orange in color and shaped like a wolf. I brushed my thumb over its smooth surface in slight awe, when suddenly, orange images flashes through my head. Fire, a very big bird and people that I failed to recognize. It only lasted for few seconds, but somehow it drained out my energy as my knees start to become jelly and make me fall to the ground.

I throw away the pin instinctively as I breathe in and out to control my pounding heartbeat. It takes me a few minutes to regain my energy, and I quickly got up and ran to get away from the playground as fast as I can.

"What the heck was that..." my brain starts to work again after the shock. Did I just get pranked or something? Did someone purposely leave the jacket there to prank someone? I shake my thoughts away as I got farther from the playground. I don't need to think about it. There was no harm done, anyway.

Fortunately, nothing weird happened again that night and the day after that. And since I always try not to think about it, eventually, I forgot about the incident.

I thought everything will be back to normal, but little did I know, this is where my "not so ordinary" story begins.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(A/N : How's the first chapter? is it too short? Please don't hesitate to leave a comment, I'm dying to know what the readers think)