Chapter Fifteen

The morning sunlight woke me up from my sleep, and I immediately smelled something like a blend of mint and apple. When I opened my eyes, I realized it was Chanyeol's pillow that lingered his shampoo scent. I smiled, knowing that it will be one of my favorite fragrances from now on.

"Morning jagi-ya, did I wake you up?" Chanyeol's blissful voice greeted me. He was standing near the window blinds.

"Morning to you too oppa, did I oversleep?" I sounded a bit hoarse.

"You still looked tired so I didn't wake you up. Maeji and Gwen noona came earlier too, and I already told them everything so you don't have to feel burdened. Everyone's already down stairs. Wanna come and have breakfast with us too?" he sounded very convincing so I just did what he said and came down for breakfast.

"Morning kiddo, how are you feeling?" Lay was the first one who greeted me when I came to the dining table. All the twelve of the guys and girls were there.

Suho suddenly stood up from his chair and came running to my side and hugged me, make me almost stumble back because I never thought he would do that.

"I'm so sorry I nagged at you last night, I had no idea you've just been through that horrible incident!" he sounded really apologetic.

"That's okay sunbae, if it makes you feel any better, I actually like your nagging sometimes. It makes me feel like I'm home" I smile reassuringly and patted his back.

"Well then, come to me anytime if you need someone to nag at you. I'll be glad to help." he smile brightly. I saw the others just roll their eyes at Suho's remarks.

"Okay enough with the hugging." Chanyeol grabbed Suho's shirt to distance him from me.

"Alright I'm done, you stingy possessive boyfriend." Suho said as he raised both of his hands to release the hug, backing away.

"Haru-ya, you don't have to go to school today if you don't feel like going." Tao spoke.

"But I'll have nothing to do if I'm alone at home, I'll feel lonely." I whined.

"Chanyeol can stay at home to accompany you." Tao answered.

"Jinjja?!" I realize then that Chanyeol and I shouted at the same time. He looked definitely ecstatic at Tao's statement.

"What's gotten into you today that you suddenly approved Chanyeol to skip school?" Xiumin raised a brow.

"Nothing," Tao just shrugged. But then I caught a glimpse of Maeji's satisfied smile, and I immediately knew she was the one that talked him into it.

"Just stay at home and don't wander around at school time, both of you." he gave us a warning stare.

"Arraseo," Chanyeol nodded, beaming.

"Yeah, just relax at home for today, Haru-ya. We'll take care of those bitc**s for you." Maeji said, her eyes twinkling with determination.

"Maeji, language please!" Suho and Lay shouted in unison from across the table. Maeji just shrugged and held back her smile as she continued eating her breakfast, not even showing the slightest bit of regret. I guess she thinks those girls deserved her rare cuss word. Tao, who was sitting beside her, ruffled her hair playfully while having the same smile as her.

"But unnie, you don't even know who they are. Even I don't know their names aside from Go Eunhye." I questioned.

"After Chanyeol told us the story, Kai went to the school this morning with Xiumin to check on the situation. The police were already investigating the burnt storeroom, but there were not much people in the school yet. Though, Kai and Xiumin saw four suspicious girls so they followed them to listen to their conversation. Turned out, one of them was having a mental breakdown because they thought you were still inside the burnt storeroom. They were positive that those girls were the culprit, and Xiumin could actually identify all the four of them. You know, being SYNC president and all. So now we know exactly who they are." Maeji explained nonchalantly.