Chapter Twenty

I felt something soft tickling my face, but rather than opening my eyes, I just shoved it away and tried to continue my slumber.

"Jagi-ya," I heard my most beloved voice on earth whispered to my ear in a soft and sweet tone.

"Mmmm...." I automatically mumbled in response, my head still hazy from deep sleep. Then I felt a big warm hand slowly caressing my cheek. I smiled, loving how my dream felt so real and vivid. Then just to check if I really am just dreaming, I slowly forced my eyes open, and I saw him there.

It's like my whole body was jolted awake, and I sat up in shock but instead ended up falling from my bed. But I quickly scrambled to my feet to confirm if the person in front of me was real or just my hallucination, because I didn't even notice that I already fell asleep.

But indeed, Chanyeol really was sitting on my bed, smiling ear to ear, already dressed in our uniform. Oh, so it's morning already?

"Oppa, how can you be here?" I asked, still frozen in place.

Unexpectedly, Chanyeol briefly looked away, looking a bit embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to barge into a girl's bedroom. I know it's not nice, but I'm worried since you ran away last night so I begged Kai to teleport me straight into your room to check if you're safe. When we saw you sleeping in your bed, I asked Kai to tell the others that you're okay. You made all of us worried sick you know that?"

"No, that's not what I mean... I'm asking why do you still want to see me? Don't you hate me now?" I asked timidly.

But his reaction was not what I had in mind. He gave me an "are you frickin' serious" look as he move to the other side of the bed where I was still standing like a statue.

"Yah you pabo, how could you even think that I'm capable of hating you?" he said.

"But I ruined your life! I'll be the cause of your death, I'm absorbing all of your ability, and I'm basically sucking your soul!" I mentioned every mishap that I caused, just in case he still wasn't fully aware.

And hearing myself saying all those terrible things only made me feel miserable again.

Chanyeol took both my hands and looked straight into my eyes.

"Baby, even if you kill me with your own two hands, I still won't be able to hate you. We'll figure this one out, I promise. Besides, I'm still alive and very healthy right now, right?" He said it with a hint of humor, but I could tell that he was serious.

"Really?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer in his smiling eyes. Instead of answering, Chanyeol pulled my hands to his lips and kiss them lightly.

"Seems like you still don't believe me when I say that I've fallen for you. And when I say I've fallen, I mean I've fallen hard, and there's no turning back around."

Now who wouldn't melt when the person you loved more than your own life said that to you?

So I hit him hard with my most powerful hug, making him stumble backwards and fall on my bed with me on top of him.

"Yah, don't tempt me so early in the morning like this, okay? I might really lose it." He said, patting my head lightly.

I hurriedly get up on my feet even though my heart was still beating like crazy. He did the same.

"So, how are you feeling now? Do you want to go to school?" He asked while carefully studying my face. He lifted his hand to my face to touch the line under my eyes.

"You have eye bags," he commented and made a funny face, making me giggle.

"I'm fine, I think I'll be fine at school too. I'm in better mood now."

"But did you get enough sleep last night?" he asked.

"I'm alright," I forced to make myself look energetic so he'd believe me.

"What about that Eunhye girl? Will you be alright meeting her again?"

"Sure, no problem."

"What were you doing last night anyway? When I found you this morning, I couldn't help but wish I was your laptop so I can stay with you all night." He attacked with his cheesy words once again. I just brushed it off because it would just make me embarrassed, so I just decided to answer his question.

"I was trying to find some clues about the superior anima on Xiumin sunbae's research. I wanted to know if there are any means to have a conversation with our inspirit when we want to, instead of just waiting for them to appear before us."

"So, Xiumin hyung knew that you're home last night?" His brows furrowed.

"Yes, I called him right after I got back, but I made him promise not to tell anyone about it so don't blame him or anything, please?" I begged him with my most aegyo style that I can muster.

Sighing, he just piped up his frustration by pinching both my cheeks, but I think he'll let Xiumin go.

"Oppa, just give me a few minutes to do my morning ritual then we'll go to school together." I said just so he'll stop pinching because if it goes on any longer my baby fat cheeks will get swollen.

"I'll invade your fridge to make some breakfast. Come downstairs after you finish, okay?"

I gave him an "O" sign with my hand and left to the bathroom.

After we had a humble breakfast-- since there wasn't exactly anything edible inside my fridge besides egg and milk-- we went to school. Near the school gates, Maeji, Gwen and the rest of the Hellion Brothers were already there, seeming like they were waiting for us.

"I called Tao saying that you'll go to school today," Chanyeol whispered in my ear to explain.

Maeji was the first to noticed our arrival, and she ran towards me then flicked my forehead before hugging me tight.

"Haru you stupid girl, how can you just disappear from us like that?! Don't you ever do that again no matter what happens you understand?"

Gee, I really feel like my mom has come back to me.

"I'm sorry, I just felt so lost at that time... I just don't want to become a burden for any one."

"You will NEVER be a burden for any of us, remember that!" The way she said it sounded exactly like Tao so I didn't have the courage to say otherwise. After she released the hugged, everyone was already circled around us and started to ruffled my hair in turns. I just smiled, happy to feel that indeed, all of them care for me.

Chanyeol escorted me all the way to my classroom, and somehow, I didn't mind the stares anymore. I guess what happened to me in the last two days made me see the world in a different way.

The bad gossips that I used to be afraid of now seem to be just eenie meenie problems compared to what I have to deal with right now.

Meanwhile, Eunhye always looks super nervous whenever I'm around, making me wonder what kind of payback plan Maeji-unnie actually did on her. But I don't wanna bother myself to think of any Eunhye-related stuff anymore. I'll just pretend she never existed.

And that, my friends, was how my second day in school as Chanyeol's girl passed by.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N : So, ChanRu couple comeback everyone ^_^