Chapter Twenty Seven

The rest of Jaehee's band was already coming down from the stage, but she remained sitting on a high chair with an acoustic guitar on her hands.

"There's a special request from my special friend tonight," Jaehee talked over the microphone. "It's her first date and she would like to perform something. Please welcome my cute little friend Lee Haru!"

The crowd cheered, and Jaehee signaled me to go on stage.

I took a very deep breath, starting to regret my decision when my hands started shaking so bad. No, you can do it Haru. I'll just pretend that no one is around and that I'm only singing only for Chanyeol. Yes, that's what I've been preparing. A song for Chanyeol on a mini stage.

I braced myself up and came up the stage. I stood in front of the mic, eyes searching for Chanyeol. He stared at me in awe and his jaw dropped. It was priceless.

"Ehm... good evening everyone... I'm sorry if you have to listen to me singing tonight because I've enslaved our main singer to be my guitarist. Please bear with me, I won't torture you for long." The crowd started laughing, helping to get rid most of my nervousness. There were actually a lot of people inside the restaurant, probably because it's dinner time.

"I stand here today because I want to express how I feel for my beloved person in the world; the person right over there" I said, pointing at Chanyeol's direction. He, on the other hand, stood proudly and waved his hand to everyone who's now looking at his direction.

"I'm bad at expressing my feelings with words, so I hope I can express it with a song." I turned to Jaehee and nodded my head. She started playing the guitar, the music coming out upbeat and sweet and I started to sing my song, eyes looking at Chanyeol only.

(A/N : check the media for the song, if you want) 

I think the universe is on my side
Heaven and Earth have finally aligned
Days are good and that's the way it should be
You sprinkle stardust on my pillow case
It's like a moonbeam brushed across my face
Nights are good and that's the way it should be

You make me sing oh, la, la, La
You make a girl go oh oh
I'm in love, love

Did you see that shooting star tonight?
Were you dazzled by the same constellation?
Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me?
I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right
'Cause now I'm shining bright, so bright
Bright, so bright

And I see colors in a different way
You make what doesn't matter fade to grey
Life is good and that's the way it should be
You make me sing oh, la, la, la
You make a girl go oh oh
I'm in love, love

Did you see that shooting star tonight?
Were you dazzled by the same constellation?
Did you and Jupiter conspire to get me?
I think you and the Moon and Neptune got it right
'Cause now I'm shining bright so bright
And I get lost in your eyes....tonight.

The guitar's sound ended just at the same time as me, and everyone started giving me an applause. I mumbled a thank you while hiding my red as tomato face behind my hands, and hurriedly came down from the stage.

When I arrived at our table, Chanyeol was still clapping his hand, but out of embarrassment, I started dragging him out of there. Not forgetting about my penguin stuffed doll of course. I heard a few people wolf whistle, which I suppose came from Jaehee's band members. After paying the bill and getting out of the restaurant, I could finally catch my breath.

"I didn't know that you can sing so well! We should try a duet sometimes." Chanyeol commented when we started walking.

"Uh uh." I shook my head as an answer. "Do you know how much of courage I had to muster just to stand on that stage? It's enough to cover up for a lifetime." I exaggerated.