Love Like You

you know what's coming guys

creds to the songs go to lindsey stirling aka crazy talented violinist and rebecca sugar aka the sugar woman aka the creator of one of the greatest shows existing today

Adrien's prowess on the piano was well known. He was extremely talented, mainly from a decade of practice, so he was the logical answer to 'Do you guys know a pianist?' Nino could play the drums. Alya could play the bass. They were planning to play a sweet song from a favourite cartoon of theirs in the Student's Concert, but the piano was a main part, and thus they needed a pianist. 

Leave Nino to ask Adrien, and Alya to coax Marinette into singing.

"Come on Marinette, your voice is amazing! Please?" Alya begged, pouting as Marinette shook her head frantically.

"No, no! I'll mess up, trip over something or forget the lyrics or-"

"Alya, still haven't got Marinette in yet?" Nino interrupted, Adrien in tow. Of course, the blonde boy agreed, ecstatic to be able to put his skills to good use. Well, good use by his standards. 

Alya turned to face Nino, a hand on her hip. "Nope. She thinks she'll mess up."

"And I will! When I told you that I like singing, I didn't mean I was good at it!" Marinette folded her arms. 

"So sing something. Show us if you're so terrible." Alya mirrored Marinette, a smirk playing at her lips when Marinette suddenly dropped the offensive and shrank in on herself.

"I... um... oh fine." She conceded, eyes pulled to the ground, avoiding eye contact. Taking a breath, she opened her mouth to sing softly. "What we had was beautiful, I didn't want to wreck it all. Every day I think about the truth. I wish I was, I wish I was brave enough to love you. Brave enough to love you. I wish I was, I wish I was brave enough to love you. Brave enough to love you."

(brave enough by linsey stirling ft christina perri very good song would recommend)

Alya, Nino and Adrien blinked before Alya laughed, Nino whooped and Adrien clapped (polite lil muffin that he is).

"Not good at singing my ass. Girl, you could sing with Jagged Stone." Alya scoffed, lifting Marinette's head with a hand. "You can do this. You just gotta try." The brunette's voice lowered, her soft side showing through as she smiled warmly at her best friend. Marinette allowed a small smile to grace her face before determination set in her eyes.

"Okay. I'll do it. What song do I need to memorise?"

~*~

"Okay Marinette, you can do this." Marinette murmured to herself, trying to vanquish the fluttering feeling in her chest and the constricting feeling in her throat. "Do it for them, for her, for him." (all the steven universe references) She peeked around the curtain to see a packed hall. Disappearing again, she groaned. "I can't do this! Okay, who do you feel most comfortable with, who do you not mind singing with, who do you not mind being seen as stupid to..." She tried to think, tried to come up with someone who she could imagine by her side...

Alya wouldn't help, whenever she was discussing Ladybug, it made her extremely anxious.

Nino was a DJ, so he had a professional opinion so that wouldn't help...

Adrien was Adrien...

Chat.

In fact, the whole song could be a secret tribute to Chat from her.

That was it. She would sing a song to Chat Noir.

"Come on Mari, we're on." Alya handed her a microphone and led her onstage.