Demons

It's gonna get serious here guys, so feel free to skip my A/N. But, I just want to say thank you. Everyday, I wake up, and my Wattpad has a bunch of notifications, most of which are votes and comments and people adding my book to their reading lists and it just... it just warms my heart guys, to know that people out there appreciate my writing, even if it started out as just a fangirl wanting to create her own scenarios. Seriously, thank you so much, it means more than you'll ever know, and it definitely helps my self-esteem and depression and anxiety to know that I am appreciated by complete strangers for contributing something that's actually tiny and insignificant to the world. Thank you.

Warning: The following one-shot is on the extreme sad meter. And very short. I'll work on more later.

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold  

Marinette didn't deserve this. No-one deserved this, but least of all her. She was kind, she was innocent, she was pure and white and didn't deserve to be stained with blood.

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale  

Chloe was going to get hit by a car. No-one but Marinette noticed, sweet, kindhearted Marinette. So what did she do?

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

She pushed Chloe out of the way and took the hit herself.

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

Now here she was, lying in a coffin, like Snow White except... she would never wake up. It was worse because it was revealed she was Ladybug. Now not only Alya was completely different, but so was Adrien.

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide

Adrien's eyes turned near grey-green, losing the sparkle that would make them shine like emeralds. He couldn't bear to be around Chloe, to girl who should've gotten hit, or Alya, the girl who wasn't used to being without her. 

Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

His inner demons battling with his overbearing, strict father and the absence of someone who cared and understood... they got loose. 

At the curtain's call
It's the last of all
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl  

He never knew how much it would hurt to lose someone you didn't know you loved until they were gone. And so, here he was.

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you made  

Scars crisscrossing his once perfect body.

Don't wanna let you down
But I am hell bound
Though this is all for you
Don't wanna hide the truth  

A constant chant in his head, banging against his skull and giving pain to his every step. It was: Get back to her, be with her, join her, don't let her go again.

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

He couldn't do it back then.

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

He jumped.

It's where my demons hide.