The Dancer Within

Fun fact, the next blue moon is on the 31st of January, 2018. Yeah.

The fading sunlight provided more than enough light in the empty dance studio. The floor which normally shone was dotted with faint footprints of ballet shoes after three long hours of practice. The ballet students had a performance in a month, so all were working hard.

Marinette left her bag at the door to the studio and padded over to the music player, a disc in her hand. Marinette was easily the best ballerina at the studio, but refused to admit it, always constantly encouraging and teaching others. After the class ended and everyone left, every now and then, she'd put in her own music and dance her own way. Without the spotlights of the club, Miraculous, and without her Ladybug face-paint and outfit

She put the disc in the player and played it.

"Mmh, mmh, mmh, mmh (ah) Mmh mmh mmh mmh (ah) Mmh." She started with a pose, arm over her head and the other hand holding her wrist, hip cocked and one knee bent. She moved her shoulders up and down and got ready for the rest of the dance. 

"Hey baby 
Tell me your name
I got a fever for you
I just can't explain
But there's just one problem
I'm a bit old school
When it comes to lovin'
I ain't chasing you." She whirled around, only building up the dance by stepping forward and moving her body in waves.

"Ain't waiting
I'm on a roll
You've got to let yourself go." She then waved her hands as she bent her knees, lowering herself to the floor only to pull herself back up.

"Oh (talk to me)
You know that I've been waiting for you (and I noticed you, too)
Don't leave me standing all by myself (I won't leave you standing all alone)
'Cause I ain't looking at no one else (oh, baby)."

"Hey,
Get your back off the wall
Don't you get comfortable
Looking so hot," She suddenly changed the dramatic of the song by folding her arms and simply moving her shoulders in time to the beat.

"I think that I might fall (woo!)
Feeling like it's my birthday
Like Christmas day came early
Just what I want
So when we move
You move." That's when she exploded into the difficult moves - like supporting her entire body on one arm and pushing off that one arm back onto her feet where she bends her knees and is messily graceful in her movements.

She was oblivious to how her partner in ballet and the club, Adrien Agreste, although he was in his Chat Noir outfit, had stayed back to practice a dance and was now watching her, leaning on the door frame, with a light smile on his face.

"Hey
Get your back off the wall
Don't you get comfortable
Looking so hot
I think that I might fall
Feeling like it's my birthday
Like Christmas day came early
Just what I want
So when we move
You move." At this point, Marinette couldn't resist singing along with a huge grin on her face. This was her time, her song, her stage, and she would take this chance to have fun and relax. After all, Chloe was particularly difficult today.

"Oh silly
Why you afraid?
Don't be a big baby
Quit playing games
And put your arms around me
You know what to do
And we can take it down low.

"Oh
You know that I've been waiting for you (for you!)
Don't leave me standing all by myself (myself!)
Cause I ain't looking at no one else (looking at no one else, looking at no one else)
(hey yeah oh).

"Hey
Get your back off the wall
Don't you get comfortable
Looking so hot
I think that I might fall
Feeling like it's my birthday
Like Christmas day came early
Just what I want
So when we move
You move." Marinette noticed Chat Noir by the wall, and allowed her grin to grow because of how appropriate this song was becoming.