idek (not an A/N)

PRETEND YOUR OWN CHARACTERS ARE IN THIS IDC IDK WHO'S IN THIS MYSELF

I WAS JUST LISTENING TO THIS SONG ON REPEAT AND CRYING SO NOW I'M DOING THIS

The eerie thing was, her footsteps were silent. Wearing flats, that wasn't hard, but everyone knew the floor of the stage creaked obnoxiously and awkwardly in every performance. But her footsteps were silent, not a single floorboard creaked as she made her way over to the worn but trusty piano to the left of the stage. 

Another strange thing was that nobody seemed to remember who she was. Not one person in the waiting audience recognised her sad eyes, her pale skin nor her wild hair. However, there was an air of familiarity around her, as if she was from a dream, or a dream of a dream. 

Not even the stool squeaked as she sat, ready to play the ebony and ivory keys. 

The introduction to her song was just as familiarly unknown as her, until a sequences of chords set a certainty in the audience. After all, this was a song from childhoods once forgotten and days spent in tears after a heartbreak.

"When somebody loved me...
Everything was beautiful.
"

The pitch perfect sound of her voice was ethereal, smooth and slow. It seemed other-worldly, like a light just dim enough to be dark, yet not at the same time. Unknowingly, the entirety of the captive seated relaxed as if under a blanket that muffled the outside distractions.

"Every hour we spent together,
Lives within my heart.
"

To the gentle and sad sway of the music, not one member of the audience didn't feel her sorrow, yet it was like a nostalgic sadness, such as one of a memory of a mother rocking your cradle for the last time before she left forever. 

"And when she was sad,

I was there to dry her tears. 

And when she was happy, 

So was I, when she loved me."

One of the audience was not like the rest. They remembered not nostalgic happiness turned into sadness, but someone else...

"Through the summer and the fall, 
We had each other, that was all.

Just she and I together,
Like it was meant to be.
And when she was lonely,

I was there to comfort her.
And I knew that she loved me.
"

Someone who refused to be anything but kind, strong, honest, good, through and through. Someone who refused to leave their side.

"So the years went by,
I stayed the same
But she began to drift away,
I was left alone.
Still I waited for the day

When she'd say

'I will always love you.'"

But they left her side.

"Lonely and forgotten,
Never thought she'd look my way.
And she smiled and held me,

Just like she used to do,

Like she loved me, when she loved me." 

What had happened to her again...?

"When somebody loved me,

Everything was beautiful,
Every hour we spent together,
Lives within my heart.

When she loved me."

... she died.

The girl on the stage stood, ending her song and her spell, before bowing lowly and sinking into the floor.

Like a ghost.

you know I really should've written this in my Cute Lil Tales book, but now that i've written it, I can't be bothered. Might post it there anyway! Catch y'all later!