We're A Team

Chat Noir crouched on the edge of the building, watching as the lampposts of the Parisian streets illuminated every late night stroll and citizen. His friend Nino, as Jade Turtle, knelt beside him, surveying the same set of streets. Eventually, he knew exactly what they would discuss. It was the same conversation they had every patrol.

"Volpina is Alya."

"Still not over it huh?" Chat rested his head on his fist, a lazy grin taking over his face. Turtle scowled playfully at him for a moment before returning his gaze to the city.

"That means Alya's the one who's worried about Nino, Alya's the one who protects Turtle, Alya's the one who said I'm special to her!" He groaned and held his face in his hands. "I'm so confused! Why can't she tell me what she means?!"

"Talking about Alya again?" A feminine voice interrupted. Chat looked up to see his girlfriend, Marinette/Ladybug, bending down to lean her palms on her legs. "It's pathetic how oblivious you both are."

Chat nodded. "We are oblivious, it is pathetic."

"It took you two years of being best friends with Marinette and Ladybug before you figured out their identities, AND before you figured out she was head over heels for you." Nino stated drily.

Chat rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, rub it in why don't you? You're just as oblivious as me, you didn't realise I was Chat until you became Turtle!"

Ladybug stood up straight. "That's not what I meant about him being oblivious. I meant the fact that every single time you have a conversation about Alya she's probably right behind you like she is now."

The two male superheroes stood up and whirled around to be faced with a grinning Volpina. Turtle groaned and slapped his forehead.

Volpina twirled her flute as she sauntered towards Turtle. "You guys aren't very good at this secret thing, are you? You don't even bother to check behind you when discussing your identities." She placed a hand on her hip and rested her flute across her shoulder.

Ladybug nodded, folding her arms. "Anyone could be up on these rooves, you can't just assume that it's probably us. Unless you're on my balcony, I guess."

Turtle snorted. "Only he ever goes to your balcony, and you two end up making out. I'd rather not see that." He jerked his head towards Chat, who immediately flushed red. Volpina frowned.

"You know, if you three know who I am, isn't it only fair if you tell me who you are?" She raised an eyebrow. "I mean, he's obviously Nino. But what about the two originals?"

Ladybug laughed. "If you knew, you'd be so mad because you missed it for so long while I was right next to you." She placed a hand on the fox superheroine's shoulder. "I'm your best friend, Alya. Who else still wears twin tails at my age?" She gestured to her hair while Volpina's eyes went wide. "And that dork is my boyfriend."

Chat stood up and moved to wind an arm around her waist. "Love you too, Bugaboo." He pecked her cheek lightly before turning to Volpina. "I'm her dork, Adrien Agreste, at your service!" He bowed extravagantly, provoking a smack on the arm from Ladybug. Volpina stared at the two then groaned.

"I am the worst reporter ever!" She declared.

The spotted and cat-eared heroes nodded. "Yup, that about sums it up." Ladybug rested her head on Chat's shoulder. "You got pretty darn close though. I panicked a lot when you picked up my textbook."

Volpina suddenly broke out into a huge grin. "That means we're all best friends underneath the masks." She gasped and squealed excitedly. "I've been best friends with Ladybug all this time and never knew!" Then she pointed at Chat with a scowl on her face. "You barely noticed Mari's feelings for you because you loved Ladybug."

Chat nodded shamefully. "Yeah, and I spent weeks apologising." He perked up. "It all worked out in the end though, and now my only problems are whether to call her Princess or milady."

Volpina turned to Ladybug, a huge grin on her face. "He calls you Princess?!"

"He calls Marinette Princess, and has since the Evillustrator incident." The blunette smiled, leaning up to kiss his cheek. "Your nicknames have always been adorable." Chat grinned down at her, stroking her face with his thumb.

"Not as adorable as you."

Volpina rolled her eyes and Turtle gagged. "Okay, barf." She moved away from the two lovebirds to sit next to the green hero. "How long do you reckon it'll be before they skip on back to her balcony?"

"Five... four... three... two..." Whoosh. "They're gone." He threw a grin at Volpina who stuck her tongue out at him childishly. "So... what do you propose we do now, Foxy?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Foxy? Really?"

He shrugged. "Can't exactly call you Al, can I? And Volpina is a mouthful, I need to call you something short." When her expression didn't change, he threw up his hands. "Chat literally calls her 'Buginette', like, that's just long!"

She laughed, the sound ringing across the otherwise silent rooftops. "Well, I suppose you can call me Foxy if I get to call you Michelangelo." He immediately scowled.

"I am not Michelangelo, dudette."

"You so are."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Do you want to call me Foxy or what?"

"Fiiiiiiiiiiiine."

"..."

"..."

"Michelangelo."

"Yo, Foxy, call me that anywhere except in front of the press."

"We're a team." Ladybug said to our reporter. "Sure, we may act silly away from the battleground, but that's because we're best friends. We have nicknames, we joke around, but we always get the job done. Rest assured, we work together to our best ability all the time to keep you safe. And no matter the situation, there's nobody else I'd rather work with."

Finished 12/07/16