Better when I'm dancin

"Stop right there, don't move your pretty mouth." Marinette said with a smirk, poking her finger at Chloe's chest as the music began to play. "Doll, you won't get an inch under my skin." She started to sing, perfectly adding a melody over the jazzy tune. "You can try to seduce me, dunk me and use me, but you won't get a word in."

"Excuse me? Who do you think you are? Thinking you can rock up and be a star?" Chloe harmonised, sneer adorning her face. Marinette folded her arms and leaned on her back foot, expression amused. "Think you'll take my place, well no you won't!"

"Shut up and listen before you miss a note." Marinette trailed her finger up Chloe's arm and flicked her chin up, twisting and walking away, arms outstretched. "We were born stars, it's who we are, no time for messing around. So stop trying to push me down, I'll just get back up again and go back to watchin' you pretend to hate my every step. Girl, you can't hate me, just accept that I'll never be your enemy and we can go back to being friends."

"We'll never be friends, never again." Chloe lifted her nose in the air just the slightest, perfectly portraying a stuck-up Queen Bee. Wonder how easily she did that.

"Oh darling, you're only just reaching the deep end." Marinette placed a hand on her hip and twisted her body to look back at Chloe, winking and smirking. Practically everyone in the theatre loved it when Marinette was being seductive, she often got lead roles for her body alone. "Stop trying to torture, depress and enrage. I'm here 'til the end of my days, I ain't going away. So baby, appreciate my stay."

"You're failing at earning my affection, tone down the love and join the collection of people rejected by the one and only, yours truly, Dione!"

"Chloe, it is pronounced die-oh-knee, not die-own." Alya cut through the scene, handing a water bottle to Marinette as she passed. "We've been through this."

Chloe scowled playfully, gulping down a bottle of water. "At least I don't say die-one, that would be even worse." The three girls laughed as Nino came onstage, closely followed by a new actor named Adrien. Nathanael came from the other side, eager to take this opportunity to fix up the painted backgrounds, paintbrushes and buckets of paint in his hands.

"Sup, ladies." Nino announced as Nathanael went to get a ladder, intent on putting more detail on his clouds. Marinette turned around, waving to Nathanael and grinning at Nino before allowing herself to glance curiously at the blond behind Nino.

"Who's the new guy?" She asked the question that were in all three girls' minds. Nino smirked as he jerked his thumb to point at the young man behind him.

"This here is Adrien Agreste. Since someone broke Pierre's leg-" He shot a glare at Alya, who simply rolled her eyes. "-we need a new lead. Adrien and I are close, and dude here loves acting, so I gave him the script and bam!" Nino clapped his hands to emphasize the word. "New lead." 

"Well," Chloe drawled, a grin growing on her face. "Guess he'll need the official welcome, huh, Mar?" 

"Sweet! I haven't seen you dance since I joined!" Nathanael called from the top of the ladder. He threw the new guy a smile. "You're in for a treat." 

Adrien, confused, glanced at the blunette who was stretching slightly, grinning. 

Nino clapped him on the shoulder. "That gorgeous specimen over there is Marinette-"

"Call your girlfriend gorgeous, next time, hot shot!" The shortest of the three girls called out, smirking. The brunette nodded.

"I agree with both statements!" She laughed as Marinette hit her shoulder.