HOW I WISH IT ENDED - Mr Pigeon

Not really ended but one scene in particular.

I pace around in front of Alya while she sits on the bench, looking through my sketch book. We received a competition to design a derby hat for Gabriel Agreste, my all-time FAVOURITE designer and idol, and Adrien, my crush, will model it at his next photo shoot. So OF COURSE I'm freaking out.

"Derby hat, derby hat, derby hat, derby hat, I don't HAVE any derby hat designs!" Throwing my hands up, I gesture wildly to make my point. "I've got top hats, caps, even two-horned hats! Need a beret? I'm your girl! A sombrero? No problem-o! But a DERBY?" Alya starts laughing at my antics. Phft, girl doesn't understand my pain. "You know what? It won't even matter, 'cuz I'll probably make a total fool of myself at the event. Most likely trip over my stupid derby and collapse on Mr. Agreste, give him a FULL-BLOWN concussion and Adrien will hate me! I'll never be a world-renowned designer, MY LIFE IS OVER!" It's only then do I notice Alya laughing her head off and do I notice the two boys standing behind me, watching as I dramatically perform THE END OF MY LIFE.

"Hey Nino, Adrien. Don't you think our little Marinette here should get into acting?" My so-called best friend snickers at me.

"Alyaaa..." I whine, pouting. I know Alya hates it when I pull this face, because she always apologises right after. I make my bluebell eyes bigger and watery.

"See? She can even cry on cue!" Alya laughs. I continue looking at her. She waves her hands. "Okay, okay! I give! I'm sorry for not telling you they were behind you!" I immediately drop the look and grin victoriously.

"It's that easy?" Nino says, dumbfounded. I turn around to him and flash a mischievous smirk.

"I learnt that pout from the best, thank you!" 

"Manon taught you that?!" Alya yells and I giggle, nodding.

"Wait dudinette, do it, I didn't see it." Nino looks at me again. I take a breath and repeat what I did to Alya, my eyes widening and watering, as I pout just the slightest.

"Nino, I can't look away." Adrien shakes his friends shoulder and it takes every ounce of willpower in me to not laugh.

"Bro, neither can I." 

"DAMN IT MARI YOU HYPNOTISED THEM!" Alya waves her hands in front of the boys' faces and I break down in laughter. "And you have 9 hours to design that derby." I gasp and grab my bag and sketch book.

"I'm off to my secret garden of inspiration. See you later!" I turn around and run straight into a wall. Groaning, I rub my now aching face. "Gah, that smarts."

"Girl, you need to get your eyes checked."

"Nah, I'm not blind, just really... unobservant..." I trail off, staring at the ground. Is that why I can't figure out who Chat Noir is? Who do I know has blonde hair and green eyes? I suddenly stare at Adrien. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

[caitlyn of 2018] all i can say is Y I K E S