XXXVI - Haldi and Revelations.

Start from the beginning

As she was applying henna on my hands, she asked

"What should I write here?"

"Nothing!" I replied with a blank face.

"Really? You don't have any boyfriend or even a crush?" She asked surprised. I shook my head at her.

"Write A." Geet interrupted. I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Who's A?" The henna artist teased.

"No one you should know." Geet shut her up. She continued doing her tasks.

"Who's A?" I whispered to Geet after the henna artist left to apply the henna on Shraddha and Alia's hands.

"No one you should know." She repeated winking at me. I waved it off. After we were done applying the Henna, the boys joined us. They entered doing there signature Bhangra [Punjabi style dance] with Kabir. Kabir settled on his love seat. Before we could start the Haldi ritual, Naina's phone buzzed. She excused herself and went away. At the same time, Kabir got up too. Geet, Obi, Ricky and I sneaked out and found them sharing an intimate and cute moment. We captured their pictures secretly and went away giggling. After a while, a blushing Naina joined us whereas Kabir entered five minutes later so that nobody could get suspicious of them. The Haldi ceremony started with music playing on the stereo system. The DJ played Kabira Encore as we applied the turmeric paste on Naina's arms, feet and face. The boys rubbed the paste all over her face. The elderly ladies applied it after us. They made her wear the bangles and teased her about Kabir. After that, the ladies beat the drum as everybody sang in chorus and danced on the songs. The boys did their Bhangra. We danced together on "Nachde ne Saare."

Everybody was in a jovial and happy mood. Wedding and Punjabi vibes were all around. Giggles and chattering could be heard, accompanied with the beautiful and soft jingles of bangles and anklets.

After that the food was served for lunch. It was a grand lunch and a lot of dishes were served. I tried each one of them. First there was Laal Maas which was the most favourite Rajasthani dish of the tourists. It's a very spicy dish made with meat in fiery red chillies. I tried it with plain white rice and it tasted so amazing. Then I tried Mohan Maas. It was tender and juicy meat with thick gravy infused with the flavours of lemon and cardamom. Next there was Gatte ki Khichdi and Gatte ka pulao. There was Boondo raita to balance the taste of the spices with its mildly sweet and sour yogurt flavour. There was also a special type of Mango pickle called as "Aam ki Launji". For the sweet dish, there was Dil Khushal which is also called as Besan ki Barfi and Balushahi that looked like a doughnut dipped in sugar syrup. As I placed it inside my mouth, there was a waterfall of sugary syrup all over my mouth. It was so amazing that I could've sworn by that. After having lunch, we went back to our rooms to have a quick nap and rest before the grand sangeet ceremony [musical night] took place. For Sangeet, Ashar and Khirad were joining us. The sangeet was going to be held at the night at 9.00 in the grand hall. I slept for some time because I wanted to be fresh for tonight. Geet and I were performing together and I had a solo performance as well which nobody knew of.