chapter 47: favors

Start from the beginning

-------------------------------------

stilinski household

"What is Deaton calling them?" my dad asks when we get home.

"Chimeras." Stiles answers.

We explain to my Dad everything Deaton told us and about what we found in the tunnels. Deaton wants to talk to my dad and Melissa, see if we can find a connection as to why Josh was specifically taken, chosen, for this experiment.

After talking with my dad I head upstairs to my room and think about everything that's happened in the last couple of months. All the new threats and dangers. How the hell am I supposed to protect the people I care about, the people I love if I can't even protect myself.

I can't control my abilities well enough to hold someone off, by well, you know, inflicting unbearable pain on them to stop them.

I don't know how to fight well enough, I got lucky with Josh...

I need to be better prepared.

I look at the time. He should still be awake.

I grab my cellphone and dial his number.

"Veronica." he answers.

"Hey, Derek. Sorry this is kind of late..."

"That's all right. Everything ok?" he asks.

"Yeah, yeah I guess. I was actually wondering if you were busy tomorrow."

"Not really, why?"

"I need a favor."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next morning; derek hale's loft

"You want me to what?" Derek asks.

Malia just dropped me off at her cousins loft.

I take a deep breath before I ask Derek again. "I want you to teach me how to fight."

He crosses his arms. "No." he says as he walks away.

"Oh, come on. Why not?" I ask as I walk after him.

He stops and turns to look at me. "I can think of about 10 off the top of my head right now."

"Ok, well name one." I counter.

He shakes his head. "Why do you want to learn how to fight?"

I sigh. "Because I want to be able to defend my friends. My family. And I don't want to feel like I need someone to defend me. I want to be able to defend myself."

He doesn't say anything. His arms are still crossed over his chest and he leans against a table, thinking about his answer.

 His arms are still crossed over his chest and he leans against a table, thinking about his answer