XXXIV - Wedding Preparations.

En başından başla

Without sparing a glance at anyone, he came towards me. "What the hell did you do at the dining table?" He said as he dragged me to one corner of the room. Everybody gasped but Geet came to my rescue.

"Hath chorh uska!" [Leave her hand.] She glared at him.

"Nahi chorha to?" [And if I don't?] He challenged her.

"Hath chor uska, Ullu ke patthey!" [Leave her hand, you son of a bitch.] She yelled at him. Everybody gasped in surprise. This was not expected by everyone. "You low life creep. You bastard. I said leave her." She screamed at him.

He let go off my wrist. "Who are you to interfere in our personal matter?"

"Number 1, I am Geet. Sikhni hun main Punjab ki. Mere se panga mat le. tera baap yaad kara dun gi. [I am Geet. I am a Sikh from Punjab. Don't come in my way. I will make you remember you fathers.]

Number 2, she ain't your personal property, cheapo!

Number 3, it's not your personal matter as it's being discussed in the room in front of everyone." She ticked off the three things on her fingers.
Karthik looked at her as if she was an alien.

"Too much fundamentals for your pea sized brain, right?" She smirked at him. Ricky, Kabir, Varun, Obi and Ashar burst into laughter. The girls giggled and I could see a small smile creeping up on Aryan's face.

"Tum abhi idhar se jao. Muje tumhari bak bak nahi sun'ni." [You can go from now. I don't want to listen to your blabbering.] He told her off.

"Bak bak to sun'ni pare gi beta. Bachpan se muje sab ki lene ka bohat shok hai aur aaj teri baari hai. Kyun Kabir bata zara apne Saale Sahb ko. Kisi ne chun ke naam rakha hai iska "saala". [You have to. I am very fond of insulting and dishonoring people since childhood and today's your turn. Say what, Kabir? Tell your brother in law about me as well. Somebody has rightly chosen his name.]

I swear I had never loved anyone more than how much I was loving Geet at this time. I literally wanted to kiss her.

"Beta Karthik. Meri maan to kat le yahan se. Warna acha nahi ho ga tere sath." [Listen son Karthik, listen to me and get lost from here otherwise the results won't be good.] She spoke to him and he left glaring at her. Everybody engulfed her in a group hug. I stood there and when she was free from everyone. I went to her and hugged her tightly. I cried and thanked her.

"Thankyou so much Geet. Thankyou so much!"

"Bas kar pagli, ab rulayegi kya?" [Stop it girl. Will you make me cry now?] She spoke dramatically as she caressed my hair. I chuckled in between my tears.

"Chalo bas ab ye emotional scene band karo aur kam pe lag jao sare." [Now, stop this emotional drama and start doing your work everyone.] Geet ordered and everybody saluted to her.

"Aye Aye Captain!"

"Kabir, I have to talk to you." I whispered at him. "I was really rude to Naina at that time. I want to apologise to her."

"There's no need for that. It's okay." He assured me.

"No Kabir. It wasn't her fault. I took out my frustration at her." I convinced him and he took me to her room. I sincerely apologised to her and she forgave me. Only one last problem was remaining now and the biggest one, Aryan.

We were very busy in all the stuff and the preparations. The Haldi ceremony was going to be held tomorrow in the noon time and Sangeet [Musical night] would be at night. Naina had been kind enough to buy wedding dresses for me as I came on such a short notice.

Aryan:

I was not much a fan of that Karthik guy ever since I saw him leaving her room on the first night of our stay here. I didn't like the way he would look at her. Internally, I was thanking Ricky everytime he jumped between them and took her away from him but today I felt something was really wrong with her. She couldn't take a stand for herself. The scenarios from the previous days, her cough attack, abnormal fever, chills, dizziness, intake of medicines made me suspicious of her. But then I shrugged it off thinking that she might be finding it difficult to adjust to this weather and surroundings. Last night, when Geet was with her talking about medicines, I remembered the time she would scrunch up her nose everytime she had to take a pill or something like that. I saw her leaving for the terrace. After a while, I heard someone else's footsteps and some faint and inaudible voices. I went to look outside to find that bloody bastard holding onto her as if he fucking possessed her. He was forcing her into something. I could see those tears trickling down. As soon as he noticed me, I went to him and punched him hard three times. It was not for something about me but the way he made her cry and the way he made her vulnerable. My Eleana was nothing like that. She was so strong and very much self confident. In fact, she inspired me in many ways. And today the way, Geet stood up for her, the way she supported her made me so happy yet sad that she had become so weak emotionally that she had to take someone else's support. As I was thinking about this, someone snapped their fingers in front of my eyes, breaking my trance. I noticed it was Geet.