chapter 46: tunnels

Start from the beginning

"Why were you talking to them?" I ask once he's standing in front of me.

"Trying to see if they've heard from Josh. We've been looking for him for almost a week and we've come up with nothing." he answers.

"I thought Scott was going to talk to them again. Not you." I tell him, squinting my eyes at him, not hiding the fact that I don't believe him.

"Yeah, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask." he replies, flashing me one of his smiles. "Well I gotta go. Don't want to be late to class." he says turning away from me and walking down the hall.

"Theo!" I call after him.

He turns around to look at me.

"What did they say?" I ask.

"What they always say, that they haven't heard from him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday morning; stilinski household

"Veronica, Veronica! Wake up. Come on, get up!" Stiles says as he shakes me awake.

I sit up in bed and rub my eyes. "What? What's going on?"

"Scott called. Argent said he found something, come on we gotta go."

---------------------------------------------

"What is this place?" I ask as we walk down a series of tunnels.

"Not quite sure yet." Chris responds.

"How'd you find this place?" Theo asks.

"Following a lead on Kate." Chris answers.

It's an eerie place, located underground. You can hear drops of water echo through the tunnels as they hit the floor.

Scott's phone buzzes.

"It's Liam." he says. "He just got here."

"Liam?" I ask.

"Said he wanted to help." Scott says with a shrug of his shoulders.

He must've drove here with the car his parents just bought him.

Liam catches up to us and we continue walking through the tunnels. All we find are more tunnels. Not exactly what I would call a breakthrough.

"Maybe we're lost." Liam says. "We've passes by this symbol like 4 times already."

The symbol Liam is talking about is a snake. It looks like the snake is eating its own tail...

Ouroboro.

Scott walks up to the wall where the symbol is located, suddenly becoming of importance after we ignored it earlier. He places a hand over it and begins to twist the snake.