Chapter 31.

Short little filler chapter to hold you guys over until Saturday!

Finally I replied to the red-head who was staring at me intently. "It's okay."

"No, it's not. I know you don't have feelings for me and even if you did you don't want to do long distance," Owen said with his eyebrows furrowed and his forehead creased. He ran his fingers through his hair, messing it up even more then it was. It was cute though.

I sighed heavily, "Honestly, it's fine. It's no big deal."

"Yes it is!" Owen sprang off of the couch and to his feet. "Sorry," he said, this time quieter.

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his torso. "It's okay," I said.

"Are you sure?" He whispered.

"Yes," I whispered back. "Hey, we should go to sleep. It's getting late."

"Okay. Do you want me to tuck you in?"

"Yes," I giggled.

I unwrapped my hands from Owen's torso and pulled him up the stairs and into my room. I jumped into my bed and pulled the covers up to my neck.

Owen walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. He said, "Goodnight Cora."

"I thought you were going to call me Coral," I teased.

"Too bad so sad." Owen laughed, god I loved his laugh.

Wait what?

Without thinking I said, "Will you sleep with me tonight?"

Owen didn't answer right away.

Way to make things awkward.

"S...sure......but wait, all my clothes are downstairs. I'll be right back." With that Owen jogged out of my room to get his things.

Why did I ask him? What's wrong with me? I thought I didn't like him. Do I like him? I can't possibly like him. That's impossible. It wouldn't work, anyway. We live too far away.

A little tiny voice in my head still told me to just go after him.

Just then Owen came padding back into my room, wearing pajama pants and socks. That was it, his shirt was long gone. He was a little scrawny compared to all the bulky football players at school, but he was still toned. I had to do everything in my power not to stare.

I gestured for Owen to get into the bed and I scooched over, no going back now. He hopped into the bed and situated the covers so we were both comfortable.

I could feel his bare stomach against my back. I could feel his heartbeat, and it was going pretty fast. It was like someone let a million butterflies go inside of my stomach at the mere sensation.

I rolled over to face Owen. In the process of doing so, somehow he pulled me closer.
"Hey," I breathed.

"Hi," He whispered.

I smiled and said, "Today was fun."

"Yeah it was."

After a few minutes of silence, I said, "Hey Owen?"

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas and goodnight Cora." Soon, we fell asleep cuddled together in absolute bliss.

It was a tragic and wonderful thing, liking someone. The tragic part being the fact that when you are falling for someone, it's awfully inconvenient at the time. The wonderful part being that whenever they're with you, you feel like flying. Like nothing could hurt you.

That's how I felt with Owen.

AN: Okay so that was the mini chapter, I hope you enjoyed it! If you did please give it a vote and don't forget to comment what you thought.

Don't be a silent reader ;)