Chapter 23. (Pt. 1)

How was he here? He was in Chicago yesterday. But now, he's standing in the middle of the halls, his hands on my shoulders, his dazzling green eyes staring into my hazel ones.

I finally managed to say something, "How are you here?"

"I needed to see you," the boy said simply.

"But you can't be here. It's the middle of a school day and I'm pretty sure most of the hallway is looking at us." I was right. Most of the hallway was staring at us.

"But I need to be here. I need you, Cora! A...and I wasn't lying when I said 'I love you.' I love you a lot. I've loved you since ninth grade! When you left I became depressed, suicidal, even. You're my whole world."

Before I could say anything he spoke again, "I know that we weren't friends after what happened, but it didn't matter. All that mattered was that you were there and you were okay. When you're here, I didn't know if you were okay. You got hit by a fricking car and I never knew! I had no way of knowing!"

When I spoke up, my whisper was barely audible. "What do you want?"

"Your phone number."

Really? He came all the way to Maine, just to get my phone number. What a dork.

"You're such a dork! Ugh, I can't believe you payed for a flight just to do this," I said writing down my number on a small price of paper.

"Not just that, though."

"Then for what?"

"I'll show you later. Come by my hotel, I'll text you the address." Owen snatched my number out of my hands and walked out of the school into the cold, December day.

Well that was weird.

---

When school was finally over I walked out into the quad to see Adam sitting at a table with Chris.

Oh jeez. I almost feel bad for Chris..... Wait, no I don't. Why should I feel bad? He fricking left me for my best friend! I don't think she's my best friend at the moment.

"Adam, behave," I said as I walked past the table him and Chris were sitting at.

Adam winked and gave me a cheeky grin, "You know it."

At that statement Chris began to look frightened. His bottom lip was stuck out in a pout and his eyebrows were furrowed together.

Poor Christian. That was sarcasm.

I flashed my older brother a smile and gave him a thumbs up before getting into my hand-me-down car. Just before I started backing out of the parking lot, I got a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number: Hey! It's Owen, is this Cora?

Cora: Yeah it's Cora. Can you text me your hotel address?

After I put the address in my google maps, I began driving, following Siri's directions. It took me exactly nine minutes to get to the hotel Owen was staying at. I slowly pulled into a parking spot close the entrance, being careful not to hit the two expensive cars next to me.

I turned the ignition off, hopped out of the car, and walked into the posh hotel. I saw Owen sitting on a comfy looking chair on the other side of the lobby. He was running his fingers through his hair repeatedly, as if he was frustrated.

As soon as the red-head saw me, he ran up to me and kissed me slowly. After a millisecond of hesitation, my eyes closed and I responded to the kiss.

Owen broke the kiss and smiled sheepishly, "I didn't know if you were actually going to come."

"Why's that?"

"I thought you didn't like me. I thought, maybe you didn't want to see me today."

"I was just shocked! I didn't expect for you to be here, is all."

Owen smiled again and kissed my cheek. "I really do love you."

AN: Short chapter because I'm doing two short chapters in a row, so pt. 2 will be out tomorrow.

Okay, love you guys

Bye!

P.S. Sorry if it's a bit boring, pt. two is more interesting!
😘😘

Realityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें