Chapter 15.

AN: Here is the homecoming chapter!

Homecoming Day

"He should be here," I said to Derek and Julia, we were all leaning against our lockers waiting for the bell to ring.

"Everything would be just fine if he was," Derek said.

"Why did he want to leave?" Julia asked sadly.

I sighed, "I wish I knew." We were, of course, talking about Leo. "So, when do you think the funeral's going to be?"

"It's on Sunday. We weren't invited," Julia said.

Derek banged his head on his locker saying, "The fuck? We were his best friends! We deserve to be there!"

"Yeah, what the fuck is wrong with his family?" I asked.

"I don't know, but we will go pay our respects after the funeral," Julia said.

Derek and I both said, "We better."

---

After school I went home to do my homework before the homecoming game. We didn't really have to change, our school's idea for homecoming was that for the dance you had to be wearing school spirit clothes. All I did was change into Chris' extra jersey and put my hair into a high ponytail. I was picking up Julia and Derek for the game so we could all get seats together. Julia and I had to force Derek to come because his idea of a good friday night was staring at his phone for six hours.

AN: Same Derek.

Text message from Derek: What the hell should I wear to this?

I chuckled and replied: Just wear a team T-shirt and some jeans. Easy.

Derek: Okay?

Cora: You'll be fine.

---

"Now for the starting lineup for your home team, The Knights!" The announcer 'announced.' The whole crowd cheered and clapped, whooping and hollering. "Number six, Chad Erickson! Number eight, Hale Evavold!, Number three, Jason Bailey! Number eleven, Kyle Smith! Number twenty-two, George Douglas! Number forty-three, Isaac Newman! Number eighteen, Parker Clemmons! Number six, Luke Hudson! Number twenty-six, Ethan Jenkins! Number sixty-seven, Drake Thomson!" The announcer took a big breath, "And finally your captain, Christian Clark, number two!"

Everyone erupted in cheers, including me. The team all got in a huddle and started chanting something, then they all ran out into the middle of the field to where the other team was waiting. The game started and after a little while the other team had scored a touchdown. A few minutes later our team scored a touchdown and it went on like that for the whole game. With thirty seconds left in the game the other team scored a touchdown, tying the game; 35-35.

It was our ball and Ethan passed it to Chris, who took off running down the field. He expertly dodged the other players and ran across the touchdown line with two seconds left in the game.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YAY WOOOOOOOOOOO," Was basically all that could be heard. The other team trudged off the field while the whole crowd ran onto the field. As soon as Christian was let go from the team huddle I ran and jumped onto his back.

Laughing he said, "Hey babe."

"You did it!" I exclaimed. "Now carry me over to where I was sitting, I left Derek and Julia over there."

"Of course, my queen." I laughed loudly at that. Chris bounded over to bleacher with my assistance (pointing to where I was sitting.)

Setting me down he said to Julia and Derek, who were looking at Chris and I, trying not to laugh, "Hey guys, enjoy the game?"