Goodnight, Dad *Pg13*

Start from the beginning

"You got scared in your room, baby? Did you have a nightmare?"

"Yeah, d-daddy. I'm so scaaaared." She whined the last word out right before she really broke down and Mitch could feel her tiny tremors as she cried loudly. He heard Scott sigh and grew impatient with him, although he knew he really couldn't do much like this. He was impossibly hard and leaking and so close, he couldn't risk exposing himself trying to comfort their baby. He gave Emily a little squeeze before hushing her to get her attention.

"Emmy? Baby, do you mind standing up for a minute? I'm gonna get dad and he'll... um, he'll help you figure it out, okay?"

"No! I don't want him," she whined tearily. "I want you, daddy."

Ouch.

"Emily!" Scott scolded, "that was so rude. Be nice." His words were rushed and confused and he regretted using his tone when he heard Emily's little whimper, the small girl shuffling to stand next to the bed and waiting patiently for someone to console her. He sighed again, his cheeks pink, and thanked his lucky stars that the lights were off and they were both covered. "Hey, dad? Mitch? Could you come here, please? Emily wants you."

Mitch wiped his mouth and slowly crawled out from under the covers. He wasn't quite ready to attend to her yet with Scott's taste still lingering in his mouth but he didn't really have a choice, Scott being in the state that he was in. He heard Emily make a weird noise as he stepped out of bed and realized that she probably hadn't known he was here with there being only one long lump in the bed. He flipped on the lamp on his nightstand, flooding the dark room with a soft light.

"Dad? Dad?" She urgently pattered to Mitch's side of the bed, holding her arms up to him.

"Yeah, baby, I'm here. I was sleeping under the blankey. Let me just..." he strolled to the closet and slipped a pair of sweatpants over his boxer briefs, feeling too exposed. He returned to her and picked her up, hoisting her onto his hip, and she gladly snuggled against his chest. Mitch gave Scott a pouty look when he felt a fresh tear roll onto his skin from her cheek and wrapped an arm around her, trapping her against his chest. He rocked her in his arms as he made his way to the door and shut it behind him, walking them into the hallway.

His excitement and enthusiasm had completely dampened by now and he sighed as he cradled his daughter to his chest as she cried quietly. He'd been having so much fun. He'd missed being intimate with Scott, and he was a little disheartened that their fun was cut short by their frightened baby. He could imagine Scott jerking off in their room right now and wished he could find a way to distract Emily just long enough to sprint back and let Scott come in his mouth.

He shook his head to clear his mind of dirty thoughts, opening the door to Emily's bedroom and laying her down on her bed. He crawled in with her, spooning her and draping his arm around her to hold her close to him. He kissed the top of her head and wiped her hot tears with his thumb, wishing her sniffles and hiccups hurt his heart less.

"Emmy? You don't have to be scared anymore. I'm here now, sweetheart."

"B-but you're gonna leave after." She turned around in his arms, burying her face in his chest. "You always have to sleep with daddy and I have to be all alone."

He could feel her lip wobble against his chest and bit the inside of his cheek, feeling guilty. He and Scott had decided once she'd turned four that it was time for her to move out of her crib in their bedroom. They'd bought a small bed for her nursery and gotten her settled in, but months later she was still struggling with the transition. At least once a week she'd show up at their room next door- knocking first, like they'd taught her- troubled by her imagination or some scary dream. The fact that she'd barged in tonight unannounced with tears in her eyes meant she really must have been absolutely terrified. He rolled onto his back and hugged her on top of him, her damp cheek on his shoulder and her little body shaking against his chest from her quick, frantic breaths.