Part 45

Ever since he died I have a hole in my heart. I miss him, too much. I had my ups and downs, mostly downs, but I managed to go through everything. The guys really helped me get over my sadness and depression. The first days I didn't eat, didn't talk to anybody, I just cried myself to sleep. I stayed in our house even though I wanted to move because everything reminds me of him. Every night when I lie on the bed I imagine him next to me, hugging me tighly and playing with my hair. I knew I had to get over the pain and so I did and now I have a happy life.

"Elizabeth, where are you honey?" I ask searching for her in the living room.

"I'm here" she replies sweetly running towards me. I hug her and keep her in my arms.

"We're leaving now, do you have everything we need?"

"Yes, mommy"

"Okay" I say and kiss her cheek.

I put her in the car and started driving.

"Where are we going?"

"We're going to see your daddy"

"I thought that daddy wasn't here"

"Well, he isn't so we're going to visit a place and pretend that he's there hearing us, okay?"

"Okay" she replies and soon we arrive at the cemetery. I take her hand and slowly walk us to Robert's grave.

"Put the flowers here" I say pointing at the grave and Elizabeth carefully places them there.

"So, whatever I say now my daddy will know I said it?"

"Yes, he'll know. Pretend he's sitting there. What do you want to tell him?"

"Daddy, mom told me you can't come home because you're not here but I still love you" she says with a sweet voice that melts my heart.  I feel tears coming out of my eyes and wipe them with my hands.

"Why are you crying, mommy?"

"I'm just very happy, baby"

She walks closer to me and hugs me.

"You know, this is a very special day"

"Why?"

"It's daddy's birthday. Do you want to wish him happy birthday?"

"Yes"

She turns around, goes to the grave and wishes him happy birthday. Hearing her say how much she loves him makes me so happy. She hasn't even met him yet she knows how great he is.

"Why don't you wait here for a couple of minutes until mommy talks with daddy?" I tell her when she returns to me.

"Okay"

I kiss her cheek and go a few metres away to the grave. I sit on the grass next to it and place my hand on the flowers.

"Well, Robert" I say and a tear escapes my eye "I'm so sorry for not being here enough times lately. Elizabeth is growing up and needs a lot of time with me. She's already 5, wow. I miss you, so much. Every day. I wish you could be here with us, celebrating your birthday, playing with Elizabeth, watching her grow up. I'm sure you would be a perfect father and husband. Even though we never talked about having children I know you'd love to. At least we're both safe and you have nothing to worry about.  Everything else is exacly how you know, I have a job, I still talk with the team but none of us works like before. We all have normal lives like the one we tried to have together. Anyway, I want you to know that I love you and I always will. I'll visit whenever I can. Happy birthday, my love" I say and wipe my tears so Elizabeth doesn't see me crying again.

I go to her and take her hand in mine.

"Before we leave let's give him a kiss, what do you say?"

"Yes!"

We blow a kiss in the air towards the grave after that we leave. I just wish he was with us again. What matters is that we love him and will never forget him.

~The End~

AN: Thank you all for reading this story! This part is short but I hope it's okay😁