Part 44

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Did he just say I'm sorry? I don't think I can handle this anymore. I feel my feet shaking and in a few seconds I feel nothing. I slowly open my eyes and I feel more exhausted than ever. Someone tell me this was all a bad dream, please. I look around and notice I'm in a hospital room. Emma notices I'm awake and comes to me.

"Aria, are you okay?"

"What's going on? Was everything a dream? Please, tell me it was all a dream"

"I'm so sorry, Aria" she says and hugs me. I cry loudly feeling my heart broken into a billion pieces. Why is this happening to me?

Ian comes in the room probably because he heard me and stands next to my bed. I have my face against the pillow filling it with my tears. He stokes my back trying once again to relax me but it's not working. Nothing can work. I lost him. I lost my love, my partner, my best friend. A nurse enters the room and tries to calm me down too but I just can't stop crying. I would imagine that after so many hours of crying I wouldn't have any mor tears but here I am crying again.

"Miss, I need you stay calm"

"I-I can't"

"Take your time. It's not easy to get through it. Just try to calm down"

I stay in one position and cry until my eyes feel like they're on fire and I have no more tears left. I just stay there feeling and looking like a mess. In a minute we were having fun and the next one he was bleeding to death. I try to get up but immediately Jason comes to help me.

"Thank you"

"No problem. Where do you want to go?"

"I wanna find the doctor"

"Okay, let's go find him"

"For how long was I passed out?"

"About 20 minutes"

He keeps my body from falling down and we slowly walk around the hospital until we find him. As soon as he sees me he stands up from his chair and walk towards us.

"Aria, how are you feeling?"

"Sad, depressed, exhausted, like a mess"

"I'm sorry for your loss"

"What happened to him? He had been shot before, he survived all times. What went wrong?"

"This time was different. He lost a lot of blood at the ally and the bullet hit him in a very sensitive and dangerous spot. Whoever shot him, did it on purpose"

"Can I see him?" I ask feeling the tears reloading in my eyes.

"Yes but I'm not sure it's a good thing to do in your situation"

"I don't care. I just want to see him for one last time"

"I will be with you, you can't be alone"

"I'll be with her" Jason interrupts him and I have to admit I feel better with Jason with me.

"Okay then, let me show you the way"

He took us to the place where they got him. His lifeless body was laying on a bed. He was covered in blood and I couldn't handle all the pressure anymore. I burst into tears again and Jason holds my body tightly. My whole body fits between his arms perfectly. As soon as I have the courage I turn around and see him again. I move closely and take his hand in mine. I don't care if he's dead, I still love him more than anyone and I would do anything to have him back. My tears fall from my cheeks to his tshirt as I'm standing there.

"I love you, Robert" I say and pass my hand through his hair.

I rest my head against Jason's arm because I can't reach his shoulder and he hugs me.

"You know, just before the ambulance came he proposed to me" I say and cry more.

"We were going to get married" I say crying against his chest.

"He loves you so much, Aria. We love you too and we won't let you get through this alone"

"I don't think I will be able to get through it. I just love him so much"

"I know you do, let's go back to your room, you gotta rest"

I look at Robert and before leaving the room, I whisper.

"I'll love you forever"

We go back to the room but before entering I notice that it's all of the team and a man I've never seen before. He looks at me and walks closer to me.

"You must be Aria"

"Yes, who are you?"

"I'm Ryan, Robert's brother"

I have so many questions to ask him but now it's not the time. Looking at his face I can see that they look familiar. I breathe deeply not wanting to cry again.

"Nice to meet you, Ryan"

"Nice to meet you, too Aria. I never thought I'd meet you under these circumstances. I'm sorry for your loss"

"You don't look sad. May I ask why?"

"Robert and I weren't close. We barely spoke. But believe me, I am sad. I may not look like it but I am. I didn't cry as much as you did but don't blame me"

"Okay, Ryan. Excuse me now but I need to rest for a while"

"Of course"

After I lie on the bed a nurse comes in holding some papers and stops right in front of my bed.

"Miss Martin, I have the results of your tests. Congratulations"