Part 9

I wake up and notice I'm alone on the bed. The door of the room opens and I see Robert getting in holding food.
"Good morning beautiful."
"Morning."
He comes to the bed and sits next to me.
"How are you?"
"Obviously not good. I saw my parents' bodies on the floor and I have no idea where my brother is."
"Let's not think about that. Eat a good breakfast and we'll find your brother."
He stands up from the bed and I take his hand.
"Robert."
"Yeah."
"Thank you, really."
"Why are you thanking me? All I did was make your life worse."
"No you didn't. Bad things happened because I wasn't careful. But you're here with me, helping me get through this."
"I told you to not blame yourself."
"And I told you I'm not blaming you."
"Okay, eat and drink well because you need it. Yesterday you were crying even I don't know how many hours, you must need a lot of water."
"I don't want to eat."
"Don't make me babysit you. You'll eat the donuts I bought and you'll drink water and coffee. I'll join you."
"Okay fine."
We ate everything he bought and then we turned on our laptops. I let Robert trace Matt because he's a better hacker than me.

He was on his computer for a few minutes now without talking. He was only typing and looking.
"Did you find anything?"
"Just some weird stuff."
"What do you mean with that?"
"Someone put a huge amount of money on his account yesterday and he hasn't used his phone ever since then. And this is not the first time the same person gives him money."
"Why would someone give him money? Is there any other sign of him?"
"He used his credit card to buy a gun this morning."
"Matt bought a gun? What's happening?"
"I don't know more things than you do. Maybe Dark found him and he survived so he needs protection."
"But what about the money?"
"I can't explain that yet."
"If Dark found him he knows about our parents. Why didn't he call me?"
"I don't know what's going on with your brother baby."
"At least we know he's alive."
"You can stop worrying about him, he's a grown man."
"I have to find him, I need an explanation."

He puts the laptop on the nightstand next to the bed and lays back on hisback. I lay back too next to him and rest my hand on his chest.
"How are your wounds?"
"They don't hurt a lot and thankfully they don't bleed so I guess I'm fine."
"Let me see them."
I pull up his t-shirt and see his wounds. The bruises are blueish and the scratches seem fine. I kiss his chest and cover it again with his t-shirt. I lay back again and he hugs me.
"What are we going to do Robert? We're on our owns and on the run."
"I will do everything I can to make your life normal again. Even if that means I have to surrender."
"I don't want you to do that. Don't even think about it."
"Your life matters more than mine. You're innocent, you've done nothing wrong."
"I once helped you steal money from a drug dealer."
"You didn't do something illegal. Okay it was a small thing. You're still innocent."

We notice the laptop's screen showing a red mark like a notification.
"What's this?" I ask.
"It's your brother, he's moving."
"What? Where? Let's go find him."
"Dress up and wear a cap. We don't want to be seen."
"Okay boss."
I peck him on the lips and wear other clothes and a cap. He wears a cap too and we leave. He transfered the signal from the laptop to his phone.
"Where is he?"
"We have to walk for around 20 minutes."
"How did you find him?"
"He used his phone again."
"Okay let's walk fast."
Around 15 minutes later we arrived the place he was. It is a restaurant and he's sitting there talking with some guys.
"That's him, let's go." I say and start walking over there but Robert grabs my hand and stops me pulling me back.
"Wait a minute."
"Why?"
"I recognize these people."
"You can only see their backs."
"Wait until they turn their heads."
We stood there behind a wall for a few more minutes and they stood up. I turn my head to Robert and he seems confused.
"Robert what is it?"
"Aria we have to go now."
"No! Why?"
"These are Dark's men."
"That's impossible. Why are they talking with my brother?"
"You are not going to like the answer."
"No it must be a misunderstanding."
"Aria please let's leave before it's too late."
The men left the restaurant and my brother stood alone on his chair.
"Robert we can go talk to him, he's alone."
"No, it's too dangerous."

I walk to the door ignoring Robert and his warnings. I enter the restaurant and sit in front of my brother.
"Aria?"
"What are you doing Matt? Who were these men?"
"These were the men I work for. What's the matter?"
"Are you out of your mind? These people killed mom and dad."
"What are you talking about?"
"Our parents are dead Matt. I found them in the house."
"I went to the house today, I didn't find anyone dead. You all left."
"Mom and dad were shot in the kitchen."
"No, they left a note that they left town. The kitchen was empty."
"They must have cleaned the place. The people you are working for are dangerous Matt."
"I've been working fot them for months. I just guard buildings and move stuff. There's nothing wrong with them."
"They're murderers, you should stay away from them. Think about what I said and make up your mind. I have to leave now."

I went back to Robert and told him what happened. I can't believe my brother is working for them.