Part 39

We pakced our bags and suitcases and now we're on our way to the airport. We put our stuff in the plane with the others and we sat on our seats. Our flight is early in the morning and we're both tired but mostly me. We didn't sleep much last night because we wanted to celebrate our last day here. Our flight began and I rested my head on the window. Robert streched his arm and caressed my hair.

"You wanna sleep?" he asks me sweetly.

"Yes, I'm tired." I say and yawn.

"Don't rest your head on the window, lay on me."

"Don't you want to sleep?"

"I don't know. If I need to sleep I will sleep. You're not bothering me."

"Okay but if you want to sleep and you can't because of me wake me up."

"Thanks for the offer but I won't do that. You always look so peacful when you're asleep."

"This sounds a bit creepy."

"I'm your creepy stalker."

I gave him a kiss and rested my head on his lap. After getting comfortable I fell asleep.

-Robert's POV-

She's sleeping on my lap. Her beautiful face and the way she's laying on me make me smile. What did I do to deserve her? She's so pure, sweet, caring, beautiful, talented and I'm a mess. I slowly caress her hair and cheeks without waking her up. She's so tired but I can't keep my hands away from her.

When our flight lands we'll take our stuff back to our house and we'll go to the hospital to visit Luke. I don't know how Dark found and shot him and I don't know what to do now. I have to protect myself and the woman I love. She's been hurt so many times because of me. Physically and mentally. I don't want her to suffer ever again. I promised her she would never be sad again but bow I'm not sure if I can keep my promise. Of course I'll do anything I can to protect her but if Dark is still after us I don't know how I'll handle things. I am thinking of moving in another country with her so we can both be safe.

I'm not worried about the others, they can protect themselves. They've all been in this situation before. Aria on the other hand is different. She wasn't supposed to get involved in this situation. Her life shouldn't be in danger. I just hope for the best.

I was very deep in my thoughts and eventually I fell asleep too. The sound of the air hostess speaking on the speaker woke me up. Aria was still asleep but in a different position. I guess she woke up while I was sleeping.

"Wake up babe." I whisper close to her ear. I see her eyes start moving and hear her groan. She opens her eyes and sees me looking down at her smiling.

"Are we already here?"

"Yes. We both slept a lot."

"Let's go. Almost everyone's gone."

We took all our stuff and returned home with a taxi. We put everything back to it's place and got ready to go to the hospital. I drove us there and when we entered the building we asked for the number of his room. We walked there and when we opened the door we found Ian sitting on a chair next to Luke's bed.

"Robert! Aria! I didn't know you were coming."

"We couldn't come earlier. We just came back actually."

"It's okay, I'm not judging you."

"So, what are the doctors saying about him?"

"For now his condition is stable. They believe he'll wake up but they're not sure when."

"That's good news, right baby?" Aria says and takes my hand in hers to comfort me. I love how she's trying to make me feel better when I'm sad.

"Yeah, you could say that." I reply not very relieved.

I step closer to the bed where Luke is laying. There are a lot of wires and machines connected to his body. His face is thinner and he seems weaker. I guess that's how people who got shot and are in a coma look. I sit on a chair too next to Ian and just stay there staring at Luke. My only childhood friend that knows my real self is in a coma and I can't do anything to help him. My emotions right now are so many. I feel sad seeing him like this, useless because I can't help him, afraid that I'm going to lose him, terrified and anxious for what's going to follow. The sound of the machines is all we can hear in the room. There's only silence. The change of one beep can mean and change so many things.

Aria sits next to me and caresses my cheek. I can see in her face that Luke's condition scared her too. She's afraid that something might happen to her and she has every right to be.

"I'll protect you." I whisper and kiss her head.

She nods and swallows hard. She's probably holding back the tears that are forming in her eyes. That's what I'm doing too.