Part 41

It's been 2 weeks since we came back. Nothing's happened. No attempt of murder, no creepy stalkers, no one following us. Robert is calmer but not calm or without stress. He is still scared because of what happened to Luke, he doesn't want me to leave the house alone but I told him that he can't babysit me all the time. I can't say I'm not afraid because I am. Whenever I am alone and walk to the house and someone is behind me for a while my heart beats faster. Once I was very close to call Robert but the person behind me stopped following me. I never told him about that because he wouldn't let me to go anywhere alone again. I'm at the office working on the computer. Robert is at his work too. My cell phone starts ringing and the person who calls me is him. I take it and answer the call.

"Hey" I say sweetly.

"Aria are you at work?"

"Yeah, like where you're supposed to be"

"Can you leave?"

"Why?"

"Luke woke up, I'm going to the hospital right now. You can come with me if you want"

"Oh my God, I'll call you back I have to ask Alex"

"Okay I'm waiting, be quick I'm on my way"

I quickly get up from my seat and go to Alex's office. I knock on the door and he tells me to get in.

"Hey Alex"

"Hello Aria, do you need something?"

"Actually yes. Can I leave to go to the hospital? I have to visit one friend that woke up from a coma. If you want I can finish my work in the afternoon"

"Don't worry about that, of course you can leave. We'll finish your work."

"Thank you so much, Alex" I say and he hugs me. I give him a fast kiss on the cheek and turn around to leave. Robert is at the door looking at us and when I see him I go to him and take his hand to leave.

"Bye, Alex" we both say and get out of the office. We enter the car and he looks at me.

"What were you doing?"

"I asked him for a permission to leave and he said yes"

"And why exactly did you kiss him?"

"To thank him"

"So you kiss other guys to thank them?"

"Oh c'mon, it was only a kiss on the cheek"

"Well, I didn't kiss my boss on the cheek when she gave me permission"

"Robert where's the problem? I gave him a small kiss on the cheek and left. You were there, you saw that nothing happened. Do you really think I would cheat on you? I thought you trusted me"

"Okay you're right, I'm sorry. I trust you and you know that. It just seemed weird seeing you kissing him. Don't be mad at me, I love you"

"Fine"

"I said I love you"

"I heard you"

He sighs and turns on the car. During our way to the hospital he didn't even look at me. He's mad because I didn't tell him I love him, that's so stupid. What can I say? He pissed me off. He parks the car and we both get out. He locks the door and walks straight to the building. I reach him and take his hand in mine.

"C'mon baby, you know I love you. Don't be mad"

"I'm sorry" he says and we both smile. We lean closer to each other and kiss.

"Now let's go find Luke"

We get in the building and go straight to Luke's room. We get in and find him awake with Jason and Ian in the room too.

"Hello everybody" Robert cheerfully says and Luke immediately smiles when he sees him.

"How's my strong buddy?"

"I'm good, after a few medicines and pills"

"I'm so happy to see you again like this, man"

"Me too, how have you been? Have I lost much?"

"Not really, everything's like you know"

"That's cool"

"So, how did this happen to you? Do you remember anything?"

"All I remember is that a moment I was sitting calm watching TV and the next moment a dude dressed in black came in and shot me"

"So it was a man? Did you recognize him?"

"No, I didn't. He was wearing a mask"

"Could he be Dark?"

"No way, he was taller and more muscular"

"So it's someone who works for him"

"Probably yes.."

"Everything's fine for the moment, right? Nothing's happened to any of us and you're alive"

"For the moment yes. But we should be careful for the future"

"We will. How long will you stay in here?"

"The doctors want to see how my condition goes the next days and if I'm stable they'll let me leave. But I'll need at least one week"

"That's great. We're going to celebrate a lot"

"I don't think I'm allowed to drink in that condition"

"We'll drink your drinks then"

"Okay, I've got no problem with that"

We stayed at the hospital until the visiting hours ended so we had to leave. We returned home and relaxed.

"How are you?" I ask Robert who's now laying on the couch watching TV.

"I'm great, why?"

"I don't know. You've been laying here for the last few hours, watching the same channel"

"I was thinking about random stuff, don't worry about me"

"You're worried about something, aren't you?"

"I always am. I'm worried about us. Luke said that someone got in his house and shot him. This could happen right here, right now"

"Yes, it could happen. But you can't stay like this forever. Let's go out, have a few drinks and have fun"

"Didn't we do this a few days ago? It took me 2 days to feel normal again"

"When did you become so boring?"

"I'm not boring! I'm gonna show how wrong you are"

Finally, we went out, had more than a lot of drinks and for one night I saw Robert forgetting all his worries and party senseless.