Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

In the end of it all, Liam rose to the occasion and actually made some pretty good scrambled eggs. They were good enough that she would definitely eat them again. They had a quiet breakfast, the only sound coming from the TV in the living room.

"So, um, can we-I mean we don't have to. I just think it might be a good idea, but we really don't have to if you don't want to–"

"Jesus Christ, Liam. Spit it out," Addy exclaimed. His ramble, though cute, was getting to be too long. It wasn't often she saw him ramble like that, only when he was nervous, which he obviously was.

"Talk about the other night."

"You mean the night we...?"

"Yeah," Liam nodded. He wanted to talk about it, just because they needed to know where they stood on the topic. "Uh, like I said, we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"No." Addy shook her head. Her voice cracked through the middle, and she coughed to smooth it out. "No, you're right. We need to talk about it."

"Uh, was-was it bad?" Liam awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. Why was he so awkward? He shouldn't need to feel awkward around her. They were never awkward around each other.

"No! No, uh, no, it was good," Addy stuttered out. There was an extremely long and extremely awkward pause that left the two sitting on the couch and unable to look at each other. When she couldn't take it anymore, Addison allowed a string of words to pass her mouth without being able to stop them. "We're going to do it again, right?"

"Like now?" Liam hesitated. Her eyes widened, and her mouth opening and closing like a fish. "No, okay you mean later. Wow, uh, this is awkward. Um, yeah, uh, if you want to, yeah, we, uh, definitely can."

"Good." Addy nodded her head.

"Good."

)(            *              )(

"Liam, help!"

"Hayden, watch out!"

"Addy, no!"

"What? What happened? Are you kidding me?" Liam had left the room for five minutes to go to the bathroom and get a drink. However, the screams coming from the living room cut his trip short as he ran in to see what had happened. He was always cautious now. Even the slightest bit of trouble showed and he was there to check it out. But this time the yells of help were nothing but the two girls and Mason losing their video game.

With a frustrated sigh, he left the room once more to get his long awaited drink. Addison looked over at Hayden and the two giggled at his protectiveness. Brayden and Reyna were out around town doing god knows what. He was supposedly showing her around, but Addy had other suspicions.

So, while her mother had an afternoon out with her friend which she never mentioned who, Addy invited Mason and Hayden over. Corey was invited too, but he had other plans for the day. They debated to see if the rest of the pack wanted to join, but went against it. They were two years older than them and probably weren't eager to play video games with them.

"That wasn't funny, I seriously thought you guys were in trouble," Liam muttered. He sat down on the couch between Addy and Mason, a Dr. Pepper in his hand.

"It was pretty funny." She grinned, kissing his lips along with taking the drink from his hand. Liam had no time to argue when she started chugging down on his drink. With a third of the can gone, Addy handed it back. "Thanks, babe."

"Ugh, you two are gross," Mason complained, although he was extremely happy that they were back to their normal selves. It was, to say the least, odd not having them by each other's side for those weeks. He was in a rough position. Liam was his best friend before he even met Addy, yet Mason didn't want to lose either of their friendships. And he would have lost one of them if he had choose a side. He didn't want to be on either side.