Chapter Two

"So, what now?"

"We could make out?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Really?"

"No." Addison Ryder rolled her eyes at her boyfriend. He pouted back at her as they walked hand in hand down the hallway. It was pretty busy with the traffic jam on the interstate, so the two were dodging people left and right.

Since Scott and the rest had left for their senior thing, there was nothing to really do without a ride home. Addy could have called Brayden, but she knew he was working so he could have some extra cash for college. He was leaving in a few days, and she couldn't help but be extremely sad and happy at the same time.

The past few weeks had been about the older Ryder. Their mom had helped him pack his stuff and fussed over every little thing. Addy couldn't remember the last time her mom worried about her like that. It was another one of the reason she didn't want her brother to leave. It gave more time for her mother to focus on her and quite possibly learn about her abilities. It was the last thing she needed.

"You're no fun." Liam kissed her cheek. Addy was suddenly pushed to the side as someone ran by her. They muttered a quick sorry as Liam rebalanced her. "Can we at least go somewhere quieter?"

Addy nodded her head. He led her down the stairs, the only quiet place he could think of besides the roof. It was pouring out, and there was no way they were going to stay up there for hours. They were in a small room by the morgue: completely unromantic, but it was peaceful.

Liam slumped down on the little bed and patted the spot next to him. Addy jumped up too, much more gracefully than him. She leaned her head against his shoulder while an arm snaked around her waist.

"We still don't have anything to do."

"Hey, I just said we should go somewhere quiet." Liam held his hands up in mock surrender. "My offer's still up on the table."

Addy rolled her eyes and elbowed his ribcage. "I'm serious. What are we going to do for the next few hours?" It hadn't even been half an hour and she was bored.

"Do we really have to go back to school tomorrow?" Liam changed the subject. He dreaded the day they finally had to go back. He wanted to hang out all day and not have to worry about his grades. The summer break not only consisted of homework-less nights but as well as nights of not worrying about staying alive. The past few months had been the most peaceful nights Liam endured and quite frankly, he didn't want it to end.

"Sadly. I was actually getting kind of bored. Just like I am now. Because we still don't have anything to do."

"Hey, at least I'm coming up with conversation." Liam pecked her cheek. He leaned down on the uncomfortable bed, trying to make himself a little bit cozy. Addy adjusted herself next to him. There wasn't much space, but they made it work.

"I know you are, babe," Addy assured him. Liam made a little face, an adorable one that made Addy have to hold back a giggle. "You're so cute."

"I'm not cute." He pouted.

"Yes, you are! That little pout just tops it all off." Addy let out that giggle she despised but the boy laying next to her adored. Liam always pouted, she knew that. He knew that she loved it. He didn't know why, but if it made her happy, he would continue. Because when it came down to it, Liam would do just about anything to make her happy.

"I'm not cute. I'm hot, sexy even."

Addy pretended to think for a moment. "Hmm, I guess you could be. I mean you have a great smile, really nice arms." She dragged the tips of her fingers down his arms and slipped them in his hair. "Your hair is, well, eh, it's decent."