Chapter Twenty-Two

"Addy. Ads, wake up." She groaned as someone shook her shoulder. She pulled her blanket up over her head in hopes to block the person out. "Addison, come on. This is serious."

After the three had gotten out of the tunnels yesterday and once Stiles could walk properly on his own, they had a surprisingly calm evening to themselves. Well, besides the fact that a certain beta called her phone after a quiet meal between Addy's mom and her. Of course, she denied the call, which raised an eyebrow from Mrs. Ryder, but she ignored it.

There were several more throughout the night, and in the end, Addy just turned her phone off. Mason had been right that Liam was planning to talk to her. She just didn't have the patience nor the guts to talk to him.

"Addy!" This time there was a growl in the voice, snapping her awake. Addy gasped, sitting straight up in her bed. Scott's red alpha eyes were staring directly into her own only inches away. "We know where Kira is. We're going to get her back."

Did Kira even know Addy died? No one had talked to her in a while. There was no sign of her, but they needed her back. They needed everyone back to take down the last chimera and the Dread Doctors. "We're leaving soon. We gotta stop back at my house, but get ready. Now."

Sluggishly, she got out of her warm bed. Addison wanted nothing more than to just have everything over and done with and everyone back to normal. She wanted Kira and Scott back together, Malia not ignoring everyone, Lydia out of Eichen House, and most importantly, she wanted to be able to forgive Liam. She missed him, or at least missed feeling.

The feeling of being loved, of being able to kiss someone whenever, or just being held by the person you care about; that's what she craved. She wanted to be with Liam, but right now wasn't the time to want things. It was about survival.

Scott was downstairs waiting when Addy finished. A backpack was slung over her shoulder, and she wore her combat boots and a light sweater. She followed him down the steps and into the car. Apparently, Stiles was trying to get his jeep up and running back at Scott's and needed as much help as he could get, which was why Addy was once again thankful for Brayden teaching her the tricks of the trade.

"You miss him," Scott spoke up after an agonizing minute of silence. It was days like those that Addy wished he wasn't a werewolf and wasn't able to pick up on how she was feeling so easily.

"You miss her," Addy retaliated.

"That's different, though. Kira's just trying to figure out this whole fox thing. You're mad at–"

"Stop it. Stop that right now, Scott McCall. You can't tell me shit about mine and Liam's relationship when yours is just as bad. I'm not here to talk about Liam. I'm here to help Kira," Addy snapped. He was surprised that she blew up like that. It wasn't often that Addison lost her cool like that. 

Scott turned on the road and looked over at the girl next to him. He thankfully dropped the subject of his beta, but only moments later brought up a whole new problem.

"The other day, when Theo kissed you, did you-you didn't..."

"Enjoy it?" Addy finished for him. Scott nodded his head and gripped the steering wheel tighter. He had no idea how she was going to react. "No. I trusted him, yes. I really did. But now? I hate him, Scott. I hate him for killing you, for getting Liam to try and kill you, for working with the Dread Doctors, for helping to hurt kids like us, like me."

"I lied," Scott told her. "His pulse didn't raise when you threatened him. It was when he kissed you."

"I know." She sighed. "I just don't know why he did it." Lie.