Chapter Eighteen

When Liam left the hospital, Addy was both angry and worried.

She wasn't surprised that he was running away from the problem, again, and she wasn't surprised when he didn't answer her texts. He was mad at her, as well as mad that Hayden was on that table dying. And it being the supermoon meant that his anger was dialed up. So when he said he was going to see Scott, she was concerned that the angry was going to be taken out on him.

But, how could Liam think that she wanted to kiss Theo? He was her friend and nothing more. He helped stop a panic attack, and that was it. There was nothing more to it. Addy didn't want to be kissed by anybody but him. Not Theo, not anyone else.

Addison knew that it was the full moon to blame. He was only getting angry because of it. But, deep down, she knew that Liam was actually mad at her, and that he really thought that she liked Theo. It wouldn't be the first time blame was thrown her way. She just thought that since maybe Liam got a taste of what it was like to lose her forever, that he would be more worried about her.

Mason was supposed to arrive at the hospital in a few moments, and Addy was determined to get out of there before he arrived. Thankfully, her phone rang to give her an excuse to get out of there. It just wasn't an excuse she was happy about. Or one that expected; at all.

"Hey Stiles," Addy answered. She tried to keep her tone cheerful, but it failed miserably. And if Stiles wasn't in such a rush, then he would ask what was wrong.

"Addy, you got to save Scott. It's Theo."

"What?"

"He's not who you think he is, Addy. I know you don't want to believe me, but he wants to kill Scott. He wants a pack of his own," Stiles rushed out. She could barely understand what he was saying. "He wants you in it."

"Stiles, slow down." Addy paced back and forth, concerning Melissa. "Theo's been helping us, why would he be trying to kill Scott?"

"He's never been helping us! I've been saying that since the start, Addy! You have to save Scott. Just trust me, you have to go find him."

"Yes, okay. I'm on my way now." Addy hung up the phone. How was she going to tell Melissa? The more time that she spent there, the longer Scott was in trouble, she couldn't stay there to comfort her. "That was Stiles. He, uh, he said Scott was in trouble."

She waited a moment to see what her reaction was going to be. Mama McCall had gotten used to her son always being in danger, but that didn't mean that her heart didn't skip a beat every time it was mentioned. Her face was stone, which Addy didn't know was a good or bad thing.

"I'll save him. I promise."

"Be careful Addy," Melissa called after her.

Addy ran to the school, faster than she ever had before. Her legs were burning by the time she got there, and her lungs were on fire. She would have preferred actual fire rather than the pain of being out of shape. She was a supernatural creature, or at least a remake of one - she should be able to run easily.

It took longer than she expected to find them at the school. It was a large building, and it took forever to run through the whole place. It wasn't until she heard a loud roar she could find them.

"Liam!" Addy yelled as she ran through the doors of the library. Scott and Liam were fighting by the large window above the stairs, and she had a pretty good idea who started it. She had never seen him act so violently before, and to be honest she was a little scared of him and what he was doing. "Liam, stop!"

"Go away, Addy," Liam growled. His werewolf features were showing, but this time they seemed more defined. It was the supermoon, and Liam had been the unlucky one. Not only did it make them stronger, but it also made him angrier. Scott was dealing with an emotional I.E.D. times ten that night. It was going to be impossible to stay alive while keeping control.