Chapter Ten

Addy was glad to finally be at it again.

She missed lacrosse. She missed the feeling of scoring a goal. There had been some sort of incident on the lacrosse field, so they were forced to join up with the soccer team across the campus.

Addy was wearing her spandex shorts and a loose tank top that she may have stolen from Liam. He knew it was his, but she looked good in it so he never said anything. With unfashionable knee-high socks and a lacrosse stick in hand, she joined her boyfriend and few other boys on the field.

"Lookin' good, Ryder!" one of them shouted. He earned a prominent jab to the ribs by Liam. She did look good; hot was a better word to explain it. Addy pecked Liam on the cheek as she joined the field. It had been a while since she played, but she was still pretty confident.

"Did you really have to wear that?" Liam asked, suddenly standing right behind her. She twisted herself slightly and smirked.

"Yup." She looked up to the bleachers and saw Brett and Mason sitting together. She gave the boys a wave, which they returned. Addy turned back to Liam again, biting her lip. She planned to make him jealous again, just to see how long it took until he broke. Although this time, it would be a jealous in skill, not with other boys.

Hayden Romero walked over to Addy, a soccer ball tucked under her arm. "Hey," Addy greeted the girl while Liam clenched his jaw in annoyance. He did not want the two girls to become friends. Anyone else (excluding Brett of course but it was kinda late for that) would have been fine, but not her.

"Hey. I didn't know you played," she referred to the lacrosse stick in Addy's hand. Hayden was new to the school and hadn't seen any of the lacrosse games, but the more she thought about it the more she remembered hearing about a Ryder playing again and one leaving.

"Yeah, my brother taught me. He was pretty good."

"Was?"

"He graduated last year," Addy explained. She cradled the lacrosse ball in her stick. The two were there for sports, not to chat. She was surprised that the girl even came to talk to her - especially with knowing that she hated Liam. "Good luck with your soccer."

"Yeah, you too." She did a little wave goodbye while heading back to the soccer nets. Addy looked over to her boyfriend, who kept glancing over at the two girls. He heard everything they were saying and tried to focus on getting the ball in the net.

Addy watched him make his first shot. He looked over confident, which he was because Liam had missed the net completely. She laughed at him, the other boys joining in with her, and lined up to take her shot. She glanced back at Liam and winked before shooting. It was easy to say that Addy had more skill this season.

"Better luck next time, babe." Addy dragged her fingertips across his chest as she walked by. She glanced over at Hayden, who was laughing at the scene between the two. Addison wore the pants in that relationship, no doubt about it.

Liam was quick to step up again, this time making the shot. He grinned over at her, which she returned with a bored expression. It wasn't hard to see the competition setting in between the two. Each shot they took was more complex than the one before. They each wanted to outdo each other.

It wasn't until one particular shot Liam made did they stop. He had used all of strength, even a little werewolf strength for his benefit, to make it. Unfortunately for the goalie, it hit him right in the chest, sending him to the ground. "Sorry!" Liam helped the poor guy up. The five of them playing lacrosse stood together in a circle, taking a small, unnecessary break.