Chapter Eleven

During the little memory replay, Addy had done some interesting stuff.

First, she seemed to go in to shock. The memory had caused her to fall to the ground, completely unmoving. Liam had rushed to her side, helping her sit up. However, she started moving again. Stiles had been pushed down, and his head hit painfully on the floor. Addy had burst into flames, burning Liam's arms.

She had just sat there, random screams and cries coming from her mouth. The fire had vanished all of a sudden, and even though her skin was still hot, Liam picked her up and cradled her in his arms. Tears streaked down Addy's face as Scott tried to get her to snap out of it. She needed to snap out of it. She was crying so hard that her breathing had stopped.

That's what Scott told her.

The scene replayed over and over in her head. She was a chimera. She was positive now. Addison didn't know why she was a chimera. The whole thing with the others had only started barely a month ago; hers was years. All she knew was that the Dread Doctors did something to her and she wanted to know why.

There was nothing special about her. There was no reason for them to pick her out of a crowd. The Dread Doctors weren't just picking random people, though. They had done their research; she knew that. She couldn't get past the fact that she was just a science experiment. For three years Addy thought she was a freak, and then she finally met people like her.

Now, it was happening all over again she was nothing but a freak once more.

Addison jumped a foot in the air when a hand was placed on her shoulder. She was outside of the school sitting on the front steps. The pack had created a plan to hopefully be able to catch these dread doctors and the best place to do it was at the school. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"No, it's okay. I'm just jumpy," Addy assured, he was no longer mad at her for keeping secrets from him. He understood why she didn't want to tell him - it was hard to even admit to herself. Liam sat down beside her. She was sitting on the front steps of the school waiting for Parrish, Lydia, and Malia to show up.

It was some stupid plan that Scott came up with. Something about the biggest telluric current being the school. They were going to protect Hayden, and herself, from the Doctors. The school wasn't much a defense ground – actually not at all – but it was the best thing they could come up with in such little time. She trusted Scott.

"You're gonna be okay." Liam grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers. "I'm sorry for being angry at you. I shouldn't have been and just respected your choices. "

"I know," Addy sighed, leaning her head against his shoulder. She had forgiven him already. "I love you."

"I know," he mocked.

"No, really. I love you, Liam. I'm in love with you, and I know we fight, a lot lately at that. I don't care how cheesy this sounds, but I can't even use words to explain how much I love you." Addy looked up at him. The longer she talked, the bigger his smile got. He leaned down and gently kissed her lips. He kept it slow and full of love, because he couldn't use words either to say how much he loved Addison Ryder.

Liam's tongue swiped over her bottom lip. He grabbed her by the hips and lifted her onto his lap. He felt more secure the closer she got. Addy moaned slightly as Liam kissed up her jaw and nibbled her ear. He knew exactly what to do and when to do it. She brought his mouth back to her own, and bit his bottom lip, enticing a groan from him and causing his hands, which just happened to be resting on her butt, to squeeze up,

"That's a pretty good way of explaining it." Addy giggled onto his lips. She tugged at his shirt, bringing him down once more to continue the kiss that both of them had been missing.